Sinister
United States
Unspecified
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
I've noticed the same name as the minis game announcement made a few years ago that kept getting delayed.

I'm sure this is an ok boardgame and all that but I'm rather disappointed that there's not going to be a minis game. Can someone verify this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Kenney
United States
New Milford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Gotta catch 'em all!
badge
I like shorts. They are comfy and easy to wear.
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a totally different game. The miniatures game is Deadlands: Doomtown Range Wars.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sinister
United States
Unspecified
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
Actually the original minis game was the great rail wars, which I own.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/12957

This is what I saw:

From the Manufacturer:

Pinnacle Entertainment, the producers of the Origins Award-winning Deadlands and Savage Worlds, and miniature game hits, The Great Rail Wars and Fields of Honor, announces the arrival of Slaughter Gulch in 2007. The game features quick gunplay in the Deadlands universe and multiple, non-collectible, faction sets each with five pre-painted figures and Western terrain.

“Slaughter Gulch is built around quick set-up and fast, competitive games that last around 30 minutes. Each set is constructed to play through multiple lightning-fast rounds without getting stale,” said Simon Lucas, President of Pinnacle Entertainment. “Like an Old West gunfight, you go in with guns blazing and the dust settles when the game’s over with only one player left standing. Fast and furious but one heck of a battle!”

Slaughter Gulch is a non-collectible, skirmish based miniatures game. Units are to be sold in boxes of five pre-painted figures with a full set of rules, unit cards, action cards, and constructible terrain. There are currently plans for 20 pre-painted western figures based across four faction box sets. Each set features a favorite group from the stories of the Deadlands universe such as Dr. Darius Hellstomme’s gatling gun-laden Automatons or the Whateley family’s Hex-slinging Hucksters.

Slaughter Gulch will be sold through the Hobby Game market with an expected street date in the last half of 2007.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Cox
Japan
Tokyo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I do not think it is intended as a direct replacement.

The one you are talking about was canceled in August of last year.

See Shane's post here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Kenney
United States
New Milford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Gotta catch 'em all!
badge
I like shorts. They are comfy and easy to wear.
mbmbmbmbmb
Sinister wrote:
Actually the original minis game was the great rail wars, which I own.

I swear I meant that. I just clicked on the wrong game.
blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
michaeldavidcox wrote:
I do not think it is intended as a direct replacement.

The one you are talking about was canceled in August of last year.

See Shane's post here.

Too bad since that game sounded amazing. But pre-painted mini games seem to be dying off. I suppose it's just too expensive to make them now. I'm so glad I have a nice collection of Mage Knight Dungeons to still play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.