Subject: Hiring and Disbanding rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bernhard Vierthaler
Austria
Salzburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I want to hire a new hunter and bid, let´s say 1 share, because the other players don´t have more than one share left to bid. Can the other players disband one of their hunters to bid more (or is this a timing problem?) and if so, can I rise my offer then?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Morse
United States
Powell
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can't increase your bid in any event. Yes, I'm fairly certain someone else may bid more - and in fact, you don't have to disband until the hiring happens. You're merely offering shares. You don't have to make good on your offer if the prospective employee declines the job offer....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Christenson
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmb
Actually, they would have to disband before they make the bid, but yes, they could do that.

We have actually house ruled that you can only disband on your turn, but that's just our preference.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron McKenzie
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think allowing disbands during Hiring makes the game way better. No more cheap Hunters for you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.