Subject: I deserve a present! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gijs Bouwman
Netherlands
Bussum
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, yesterday I graduated and got my Bachlor in Art Therapy and my girlfriend was 12 weeks pregnant!
And today that girlfriend will be turned into my wife 'cause we are getting married!

So I think that calls for a celebration in the form of me buying a new game. But what should it be?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh P.
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gijs Bouwman
Netherlands
Bussum
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
joshp wrote:

laughlaughlaugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher
Belgium
De Panne
Bachten de Kupe
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Azriel wrote:
So, yesterday I graduated and got my Bachlor in Art Therapy and my girlfriend was 12 weeks pregnant!
And today that girlfriend will be turned into my wife 'cause we are getting married!

So I think that calls for a celebration in the form of me buying a new game. But what should it be?

Gefeliciteerd Gijs, en ook voor je vrouw!

It took me several years to accomplish these three things one after another
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Val Ruza
Canada
Elmira
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking at the games you own, it seems you like horror games. I would suggest either Ghost Stories or Last Night on Earth: The Zombie Game. Both are co-op style games. Ghost Stories is an interesting take on horror as it based on eastern mythology and in "The Last Night on Earth" you can even play the zombies. Mmm chilled human brains anyone?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J H
United States
Billings and Bozeman
Montana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Between The Sheets

I recommend this to anyone getting married!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julie Taylor
Canada
Waterloo
ON
flag msg tools
Congratulations. It's a great day to get married. (It's my 11th anniversary and still going strong). Pick something long and complicated, because once that babies here you won't get the chance again for several years.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wyckyd
Netherlands
Groningen
Groningen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
got bachlor in Art Therapy: Arkham Horror: Curse of the Dark Pharaoh Expansion
girlfriend is 12 weeks pregnant: Arkham Horror: The King in Yellow Expansion
girlfriend will turn into wife: Arkham Horror: Kingsport Horror Expansion
Boardgame hobby: Priceless
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl von Laudermann
United States
Unspecified
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Azriel wrote:
So, yesterday I graduated and got my Bachlor in Art Therapy

Art... therapy?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron D
United States
Davis
California
flag msg tools
Mercury is my dog's name.
badge
I like hats.
mbmbmbmbmb
karlvonl wrote:
Azriel wrote:
So, yesterday I graduated and got my Bachlor in Art Therapy

Art... therapy? :what:

I suspect he means a bachelor of arts (BA) degree in therapy. Either that or he's going to be psychoanalyzing Salvador Dali paitings. Or maybe he'll even be painting really artistic rorschach blots. He's got a lot of options open to him at this point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pulpy
msg tools
mbmbmb
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Art_therapy cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Brannan
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Art therapy is an interesting field. Using art and artistic expression to process your feelings and difficulties. If a picture is truly worth a thousand words, then you can convey a lot to a therapist through a piece of art that you may not be able to put words to otherwise.

My wife is a Marriage and Family Therapist, and she uses some art therapy and play therapy in a lot of the work she does with kids. She says its amazing how clear and concrete kids can make issues when they do it with art or even playing in a sandbox.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe E.
United States
Stone Mountain
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Azriel wrote:

I've no idea, but congratulations!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl von Laudermann
United States
Unspecified
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
pulproute1 wrote:

Ok, that makes sense. And here I was picturing the OP noticing that the Mona Lisa wasn't smiling, and then helping her to work through her problems.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J H
United States
Billings and Bozeman
Montana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Art therapy rocks! I do music therapy, and it's so cool to see the positive effects on people!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gijs Bouwman
Netherlands
Bussum
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MIB 8686 wrote:
Art therapy rocks! I do music therapy, and it's so cool to see the positive effects on people!

I do music therapy too. I called it art therapy becease I thought that was what it was called abroad.

Thanks every one for the reactions!!!

Gr Gijs
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren M
Canada
Fort Vermilion
AB
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Agricola... it's got lots of baby making and you might as well try the "best rated game on BGG" as a reward.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J H
United States
Billings and Bozeman
Montana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

nexttothemoon wrote:
Agricola... it's got lots of baby making and you might as well try the "best rated game on BGG" as a reward.

Someone has a cool avatar of Stone Age, where people go into a hut, get it on, and come out with a baby...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stef Pauwels
Belgium
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Azriel wrote:

I think you should get 3 new games.

Congrats!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.