United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi gang,

I just wanted to post a quick note that it looks like Thought Hammer has Castle Panic available for purchase and right now they are taking pre-orders at a discount.

http://www.thoughthammer.com/product_info.php?products_id=67...

Thanks!
Justin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Kendall
United States
Lebanon
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
This looks like fun! Appears to have good potential as an intro or intergenerational game and attractively produced. Thanks for making me aware of it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Reed
United States
Kyle
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I got to see a copy of this a few weeks ago and it turned out very nice. Justin made some good choices on components and the weight of the counters felt great.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin De Witt
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Phil,

We're really pleased with how the game came out. Of course I owe you lot of thanks for helping get it there!

Justin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin De Witt
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Barry, I'm glad you're interested.

We've had really good results with new gamers and even non-gamers. It's really simple to learn, but it can be quite challenging and the co-op aspect really works to pull a gaming group together. I'm hoping it can help bring a lot of new gamers into our world!

Justin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T France
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was just wondering about the open hand mechanic. Is there a reason for this, or could players hold there cards and discuss what they have? Does the open hand mechanic improve the overall game?...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin De Witt
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
The biggest reason for the open hand idea is that it helps all players to be able to see what trades are available. You'd be amazed at how often players (myself included every now and then) will think they have no options when they are just one trade away from saving a tower. Other players can often see something you might have missed.

This can also play into increasing your own score if you can convince a player to trade something that helps you more than it does them!

There's nothing in the rules preventing players from playing closed hands and discussing their options exactly like you described, but it will almost definately lead to a few missed opportunities.

It's a bit like the Normal or Heroic levels in Pandemic where you play with closed hands. It cranks up the difficulty juuuuuuuuust a smidge.

Justin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.