Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
958 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [39] | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » PBEM » Werewolf

Subject: Creation vs. Evolution - Creationism wins: all books proclaiming otherwise will be burned! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mr. Morphine
msg tools
mb
Disclaimer: The moderator is totally biased. Don't join/read if it annoys you. However, please be nice to each other despite personal beliefs.

Creation vs. Evolution

Let's settle it once and for all!

17 player game - 2 teams - items & possible chat rooms - starts when full - tentative role-set, balance input appreciated!

Your sexy Moderator - Sarah Palin

Greetings from Alaska! Personally, I don't care much for the whole Creation vs. Evolution discussion. Seriously, why the commotion? I say: teach both and let the kids decide which one they think is more fun. I mean, obviously they are on equal footing, right? And that's coming from the daughter of a Science Teacher, so I know what I'm talking about.

Oh, you guys disagree? Well then, why don't we settle the discussion once and for all. Screw scientific evidence, we're doing this the fun way: WW style! And just to show how smart I am (as if the glasses and creepy eyes aren't enough), I will throw in 2 books for you to read... Yee-haw!

Items/Chats - Oprah's Book Club

There are 2 books in play. The holders of these books will share an anonymous chat room during one 24h cycle (they will be identified by the book titles only). Since they are not passed simultaneously, this will give each Reader 2 different chat partners during the cycle. After 24 hours, the Readers are forced to pass the book onto another person. If no valid order is in or the person dies, the books will be passed randomly. Readers are NOT allowed to pass the book to their current chat partner, nor are the wolves/cultists allowed to pass the book onto a role known to them at the start of the game. If there is NO possible way for the book to be passed, it stays with it's current owner.

On the Origin of Species

This book gives access to the anonymous Library Chat Room. If an Evolutionist holds this book, he is tough for NK that night and the Panda reader will die instead. This toughness can only be used once. This book will be passed right after Dusk.

Of Pandas and People

This book gives access to the anonymous Library Chat Room. If a Creationist holds this book, he is tough for NK that night and the Origin reader will die instead. This toughness can only be used once. This book will be passed right after Dawn.

Team Evil (6) - Creation
We have a cool museum too!

The 3 Creators (wolves) will succeed each other rather than share a chat room. All three wolves count for parity, even before promotion. There will be a separate anonymous chat room for all kill orders, which only the Current Creator and The Missing Link will be able to see. Only kill orders in that room are valid. Conditionals are accepted.

Jahweh
- First Abrahamic deity and Original Creator of Adam and Eve. 1st acting Wolf, knows the identities of God & Allah at game start.

God
- Abrahamic deity 2.0 and Father of Jesus Christ. Wolf Cub and 2nd acting Wolf, is promoted after Jahweh dies. Knows the identity of Jahweh at game start.

Allah - Abrahamic deity 3.0, worshipped by the Prophet Muhammad and his followers. Wolf Cub and 3rd acting Wolf, is promoted after both Jahweh and God are dead. Knows the identity of Jahweh at game start.

State of Tennessee - Represented by William Jennings Bryan. Reveal blocker. Views for John Scopes each night and is notified when he gets a positive hit. If positive, there is no role reveal (passive nor active) for that NK and the following lynch. May block the same person on consecutive nights.

Chuck Norris - It’s cute. But here’s what I really think about the theory of evolution: It’s not real. Cultist. Knows the identity of God at game start.

Harun Yahya - Turkish writer and Islamic Creationist. Cultist. Knows the identity of Allah at game start.

Team Good (11) - Evolution

Logic and science will prevail!

Charles Darwin - Happy Anniversary, dude! Seer: views for Creator/no Creator. Will get a positive result on any of the 3 wolves (even before promotion) and the Flying Spaghetti Monster (Tinker).

Thomas Henry Huxley - Darwin's bulldog and Cultist Seer. Views for Fundamentalist/no Fundamentalist. Gets a positive result on either Cultist and the Flying Spaghetti Monster (Tinker).

Richard Dawkins - 21st century version of Darwin's bulldog. Parity-defying Hunter. Defies 3v3, 2v2 (game continues) and 1v1 (Good wins) parity.

The Missing Link - This transitional fossil messes with the Creationists minds. Eavesdropper. Has viewing access to the anonymous chat room where all kill orders are posted.

Flying Spaghetti Monster - May you be touched by his Noodly Appendages! Tinker for Darwin and Huxley (not self-aware). Thinks he is a regular Science Teacher.

John Scopes (Science Teacher) - Hunted down by the State of Tennessee for refusing to teach Creationism. Bifunctional Priest. Before each death can choose to be either Active (he alone gets the role reveal) or Passive (default function: role reveal in the thread). When he dies, a random Science teacher becomes the new John Scopes. If there are no more villagers left, there is no role reveal.

Science Teachers (5) - These hard-working people try to keep Intelligent Design out of their classes. Villagers that could become the next John Scopes.

Role Summary

- Wolf #1, knows #2 and #3
- Wolf #2, knows #1
- Wolf #3, knows #1
- Priest blocker
- Cultist, knows #2
- Cultist, knows #3

- Seer
- Aux Seer
- Hunter
- Eavesdropper
- Tinker
- Bifunctional Priest
- 5 Villagers/Priest backups

Other rules

- 2pm Dusk, 3pm Dawn. The night-time chat overlap is short.
- LHLV tie-breaker, votes with timestamp 2:00 pm will count.
- Random negative N0 views (Darwin, Huxley, Tennessee).
- No (conditional) view or kill order = no view/kill.
- If you can't participate, don't sign up.
- Scripted posts are allowed, time-scheduled posts/votes are not.
- Codes are not allowed.
- No hidden messages (white letters, 0 font) in posts.
- Failure to post in the 24 hours leading up to lynch will result in a replacement.
- No corrected vote tallies will be posted, only the correct lynchee.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassandra Project
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Creation vs. Evolution - Sign-ups (0/17)
Player List According to Cassandra:
buffalospynovel
Dispaminite
greek2me
Gregarius
GrimJester
JCwid
Kaldar
kimapesan
Maeve_1981
Poolyxpop
residue
RoldLampin
Snaak
StatSig
sydwys8
theanykey
xandryyte

17 players are signed up.

To sign up for this game go to
http://www.thecassandraproject.org/jeremy/werewolf/game/4187...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matias D
Finland
Raseborg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I release my anger through writing.
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Creation vs. Evolution - Sign-ups (0/17)
David, you have the best themes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blue (They/She)
Canada
Guelph
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Creation vs. Evolution - Sign-ups (3/17)
This is quite possibly the most beautiful thing I have ever seen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MK
United States
Coshocton
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just committed a quote mine on Casandra.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
West Linn
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Sorry but only something if invites are sent to users here:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/383480

and/or here:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/360135
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
hmmm, i sense some moderator bias leaking out in the roles assignment
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MK
United States
Coshocton
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jmilum wrote:

Hey, to be fair, he didn't give the creationists Ray Comfort and Kent Hovind.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
i'm not even well rounded enough in creationist stuff to know who those people are laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MK
United States
Coshocton
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jmilum wrote:
i'm not even well rounded enough in creationist stuff to know who those people are laugh

Be glad. The mere mention of their name is enough to drain your IQ by 5 points.

If you really want to find out (shield your brain somehow), google them, and especially for Ray Comfort, google or youtube search "ray comfort banana nightmare." Watch the videos that come up for it.

Kent Hovind is one of the Jim Bakker tradition of hucksters. He built some Dino-land amusement park, in the interests of showing that Adam and Eve lived with the dinosaurs ala Fred Flintstone, and who insists that "evolution says your grandpa was a monkey and your great-grandpa was a rock." His "degree" from Patriot University (google that too, it's a bit scary) is a fraud.

Fortunately for the rest of the world, the government busted him on tax evasion (failed to pay payroll and social security taxes for employees of his businesses). His defense (in all seriousness) was that he actually had no money at all, because all his money belonged to God.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Morphine
msg tools
mb
Re: Creation vs. Evolution - Sign-ups (8/17)
Kima, you know more on the subject than I do (being shielded off in Europe does have its merits). Would you like to co-mod? kiss

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Morphine
msg tools
mb
jmilum wrote:

In hindsight I realise I did it wrong. While the Good/Evil assignment came natural to me, it would have been more fun if everyone in the thread were forced to claim Creationist and argue in favour of that. devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matias D
Finland
Raseborg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I release my anger through writing.
mbmbmbmbmb
davidenkinderen wrote:
In hindsight I realise I did it wrong. While the Good/Evil assignment came natural to me, it would have been more fun if everyone in the thread were forced to claim Creationist and argue in favour of that. devil

There's still time to change. Wouldn't Sarah Palin want it that way as well? Besides, it's easier for us all to claim creationism, since then we can argue without worrying about logic, facts or proof.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pragmatically turning whims into principles
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I will laugh if a team of ardent materialists wins as evil in this one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pragmatically turning whims into principles
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Science Teachers (5) - These hard-working people try to keep Intelligent Design out of their classes. Villagers that could become the next John Scopes.

I think they should just be Biology teachers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Morphine
msg tools
mb
Redhawke wrote:
Quote:

I think they should just be Biology teachers.

I started changing it, but I couldn't find a picture of a sexy Biology Teacher (who would've thought Chemists are way sexier than Biologists? surprise ). Then I realised that Creationism doesn't have a place in ANY Science class, and kept it as it is.

(I promise to sound more like Sarah Palin once the game starts kiss )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Imperial Flavor
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
Re: Creation vs. Evolution - Sign-ups (9/17)
I just signed up on Cassandra, doncha know.

Dude, creationists totally have the best roleset. I've never wanted to be the State of Tennessee more in my life.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Morphine
msg tools
mb
Re: Creation vs. Evolution - Sign-ups (10/17)
Aside from the theme, anyone got any balance input? I've wanted to try out some stuff, but I have no idea how balanced the game is...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MK
United States
Coshocton
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
residue wrote:
davidenkinderen wrote:

There's still time to change. Wouldn't Sarah Palin want it that way as well? Besides, it's easier for us all to claim creationism, since then we can argue without worrying about logic, facts or proof.

In a way it's appropriate. The wolves must use deceit and appeals to emotion to support their cause... just like... and the villagers will use logic and reason to figure out the garbage... just like...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MK
United States
Coshocton
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It'll be just like Kitzmiller vs. Dover. (Boy I hope I put them in the right order, there.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MK
United States
Coshocton
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
davidenkinderen wrote:
Kima, you know more on the subject than I do (being shielded off in Europe does have its merits). Would you like to co-mod? kiss

If you get enough people to warrant me dropping to co-mod, I will. Write-ups would be a blast.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Birtwistle
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
Awesome

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Lobkowicz
United States
High Ridge
Missouri
flag msg tools
publisher
You could be playing.
badge
Which came first, the phoenix or the flame?
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Creation vs. Evolution - Sign-ups (11/17)
The God FAQ:
http://www.400monkeys.com/God/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Room for one more
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Re: Creation vs. Evolution - Sign-ups (11/17)
Why hasn't this game started yet?

Because I haven't joined, obviously.

Make me a flying monster. kiss

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JC
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Creation vs. Evolution - Sign-ups (14/17)
Won't be able to be around for lynch but this sounds good daviden. kiss

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [39] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.