Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Volker Hirscher
Germany
Oftersheim
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
All I can say is: WOW! If I only could see that much strategy in there - I think I will have to sell the game...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Branko K.
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Translation: this game is dumb and has no strategy. Y'all folks who discuss strategy ad nauseam are idiots.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Volker Hirscher
Germany
Oftersheim
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Funny what Branko says - although I think it could annoy some people here. I personally just would like to know what you think is the strategical factor in the game. Until now, I may consider it tactical, but not strategical (in the meaning of "long-term-planning".

Btw: Of course I read a lot of "strategy" threads, but many of them only gave obvious hints - where is the "deeper" strategy that attracts people so much?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mavo wrote:
Btw: Of course I read a lot of "strategy" threads, but many of them only gave obvious hints - where is the "deeper" strategy that attracts people so much?

The key to the strategy of the game is the lack of "deeper" strategy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:
mavo wrote:

The key to the strategy of the game is the lack of "deeper" strategy.

Or putting one's own personal blinders on and failing to accept that there is a "deeper strategy".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jennifer Schlickbernd
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mavo wrote:
Funny what Branko says - although I think it could annoy some people here. I personally just would like to know what you think is the strategical factor in the game. Until now, I may consider it tactical, but not strategical (in the meaning of "long-term-planning".

I think you've confused the forum sections with reality. There is no 'tactics' section to put tactics articles in anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heiko Hartmann
Germany
Stuttgart
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mavo wrote:

Interesting. For me the base game has nearly zero tactics but a lot of long term planning. For me, building up a deck of cards as good as possible which are used later on is pure strategy, nothing else.

Quote:

Ask a more specific question please or I have to answer this with 'obvious' hints.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Volker Hirscher
Germany
Oftersheim
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Interesting. For me the base game has nearly zero tactics but a lot of long term planning. For me, building up a deck of cards as good as possible which are used later on is pure strategy, nothing else.

Good answer, somehow you are right. Seems I just do not like the part where your actually play your deck. Just sold the game. Thanks a lot for your answers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.