The VASSAL Team is happy to announce the release of VASSAL 3.1.7, which
fixes several problems found in earlier versions.
For Mac OS X:
For other operating systems:
Changes since 3.1.0
The following bugs are fixed in 3.1.7:
* Bug 2811307: Extraneous error messages in Embellishment following property
* Bug 2811211: Area of Effect does not display in all Zoned Grids
* Bug 2806392: Observer side linked to password
* Bug 2806183: Trigger action fails to execute another TA more than once
* Bug 2805282: SendToLocation does not undo correctly
* Bug 2804153: NPE in ModuleManager when refreshing Save Folder
The following bugs are fixed in 3.1.6:
* Bug 2798275: Layer following prop does not allow non-string custom props
* Bug 2794703: StackOverflow using Embellishment level following property
* Bug 2793103: Memory check fails on Linux due to architecture mismatch
* Bug: Transparent images used for orthogonal rotations of opaque sources
* Bug: Incorrect PropertySource used to evaluate properties
* Bug: Use bounds for primary screen on multi-monitor X11 systems.
The following bugs are fixed in 3.1.5:
* Bug 2786932: MemoryUtils.getPhysicalMemory() fails on PPC Linux
* Bug 2787242: Layer tracking Property - Report Action lags on PieceName
* Bug 2787134: NPE during map scrolling due to off-EDT Swing calls
* Bug 2785328: ImageIO fails to read size of JPEGs with bad color profiles
* Bug 2784636: NPE in MapShader.buildTexture()
* Bug 2766794: Expanded Stack of 2 pieces collapses when arrow keys used
* Bug 2659577: ImageSaver paints Boards with no background black
* Bug: Accidentally rejecting perfectly valid mask images in ADC2 symbol sets
* Bug: CounterDetailViewer calls Swing methods off EDT
* Bug: CounterDetailViewer should not appear during piece drags
* Image scaling is now 35% faster.
* Map-edge autoscrolling is now smoother and more responsive.
For changes prior to 3.1.5, see the change log.
The recommended minimum Java version for VASSAL 3.1 has changed. A bug in
versions of Java prior to 1.5.0_08 (a.k.a. Java 5 update 8) prevents some
images from loading properly. We now recommend that anyone using a version
of Java older than 1.5.0_08 upgrade to *at least* 1.5.0_08.
For Linux and Mac users, this should require no action on your part. Windows
users installing VASSAL 3.1.6 with the Windows installer will be prompted to
update Java if what they have is older than 1.5.0_08.
For feature changes from 3.0 to 3.1, see the release notes for 3.1.0.
Please report all bugs, even if they are bugs which you've already reported
against other versions. We take your bug reports very seriously---they're
the reason we're able to find and fix bugs.
Help us test
Should you find any problems/oddities/bugs, please tell us so that we can
fix them for the next release of VASSAL.
Report bugs here in the Technical Support & Bugs category at the VASSAL
or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Joel Uckelman, for The VASSAL Team
The Mac OS X bundle I originally uploaded for VASSAL 3.1.7 was faulty, and has been replaced. If you downloaded the original Mac OS X bundle, please download it again in order to get the repaired one. We apologize for the inconvenience.
(Long explanation: There is a bug in the version of genisoimage shipped with Fedora 11, my Linux distribution, and 3.1.7 is the first release I've built since moving from Fedora 10 to Fedora 11. In case you care, you can see the bug here.)