Subject: Will Intrigue be available to play on BSW? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
All around, word is there are no plans to put this 1st exp on BSW. For whatever indication that's worth, Black Market and Envoy didn't make it to BSW.

Can anyone comfirm or counter-confirm this with any applicable sources?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Werner Bär
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
5 cards from Intrigue will be available on sunday.

german source: Spielbox online
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Jaberg
United States
Milwaukee
WI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Any clues as to which ones will be avalible? My bets are on the simpler ones, like Trading Post and Courtyard. Wishing Well, I think, would be the most impossible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sniprpenguin wrote:
Any clues as to which ones will be avalible? My bets are on the simpler ones, like Trading Post and Courtyard. Wishing Well, I think, would be the most impossible.
Doesn't seem that bad. When Wishing Well is played, a dropdown menu of all the cards in the game can appear and you click on the card you think that will come up, then "OK" that selection.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Myke Madsen
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ackmondual wrote:
sniprpenguin wrote:
Doesn't seem that bad. When Wishing Well is played, a dropdown menu of all the cards in the game can appear and you click on the card you think that will come up, then "OK" that selection.

Why do you need a dropdown when all the kingdom cards are on display in front of you? You could just click on the card you think it is, a little icon shows up to indicate your choice, then you press the green confirmation button...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Latto
United States
Foxboro
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:

Why do you need a dropdown when all the kingdom cards are on display in front of you? You could just click on the card you think it is, a little icon shows up to indicate your choice, then you press the green confirmation button...

If Black Market is in the game, you might want to guess a card that is not currently on display. But if BSW isn't implementing Black Market, I guess that won't come up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Branko K.
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They were explicitly talking about the Wishing Well.

Besides, Black Market is not an Intrigue card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You might also want to name a card that doesn't exist, so you're guaranteed not to have to put whatever card you draw into your hand. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
baba44713 wrote:
They were explicitly talking about the Wishing Well.

Besides, Black Market is not an Intrigue card.

Would be nice if BSW could add implementations for the Black Market and Envoy cards as well.

Also thinking ahead. For all I know, there may be cards in future expansions that let you get cards outside of the 10 that you start with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mat Nowak
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:
You might also want to name a card that doesn't exist, so you're guaranteed not to have to put whatever card you draw into your hand. whistle

In that case you could probably select a card you didn't add into your deck. I don't know many people who have buy every single kingdom card available in a game...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Watson
Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
[re:Wishing Well]

All the dropdown list needs to contain is the kinds of cards that are in your deck, and one additional "None" card which matches nothing.

The list shouldn't be too long normally, plus you wouldn't have to remember what was in your deck...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Jaberg
United States
Milwaukee
WI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
After some thought, the Wishing Well could have a drop-list of all the cards you have purchased in the game. Then it is possible.

Anywhoo, any other predictions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sniprpenguin wrote:
After some thought, the Wishing Well could have a drop-list of all the cards you have purchased in the game.

Why list all of the cards that you have purchased? Shouldn't it list only the ones that are actually in your draw pile at this instant? There's no point in naming any card that's only in your hand or your discard pile, which you can't draw.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Myke Madsen
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:
sniprpenguin wrote:
After some thought, the Wishing Well could have a drop-list of all the cards you have purchased in the game.

Why list all of the cards that you have purchased? Shouldn't it list only the ones that are actually in your draw pile at this instant? There's no point in naming any card that's only in your hand or your discard pile, which you can't draw.

But that would narrow it down for you, giving you information you don't necessarily have. There are people with poor memories, after all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Myke Madsen
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:

I would think you could easily accomplish this by clicking on a stack that still has 10 cards in it, or clicking on something you know you haven't purchased.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Jaberg
United States
Milwaukee
WI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:
sniprpenguin wrote:

That's what I had intended to say, but I forgot that some people play Remodel, or that people could wish for cards they had just purchased.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
HappyProle wrote:
But that would narrow it down for you, giving you information you don't necessarily have. There are people with poor memories, after all.

That is my point. Listing only the cards you have actually bought also gives you information you don't necessarily have. How do you justify one and not the other?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
HappyProle wrote:
I would think you could easily accomplish this by clicking on a stack that still has 10 cards in it, or clicking on something you know you haven't purchased.

Yes, that's what makes my comment humorous. goo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Myke Madsen
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:
HappyProle wrote:

That is my point. Listing only the cards you have actually bought also gives you information you don't necessarily have. How do you justify one and not the other?

Ah I see. Yeah, I don't like either of those options. For one thing you don't see many dropdowns on BSW; it would also be language dependent.

I personally still like my suggestion as I think it fits into the UI pretty seamlessly...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Branko K.
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well if I can butt in - I personally hope Wishing Well is NOT one of those five Intrigue cards BSW will make available. There are far more interesting cards in the set I would like to play with.

My bets are on Trading Post, Swindler, Saboteur, Masquerade, Ironworks, Duke, Baron, Great Hall or Harem. These seem to showcase the new stuff without being *too* hard to implement (except perhaps Masquerade).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Werner Bär
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

The cards are:

Nobles (Adlige), Upgrade (Anbau), Baron (Baron), Minion (Lakai), Swindler (Trickser)

german source: Brettspielwelt Magazin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Branko K.
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm.. I was way off.

I'm happy that these cards will be available, although I must say they really wouldn't be my first pick - some cards look much more exciting and interesting (at least in my opinion). I'm happy the Swindler is in, though.

See you on BSW once the lag subsides a little bit!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Cheung
Hong Kong
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Is it 28 June or 28 July?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Milke
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is 28 June - tomorrow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mat Nowak
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
New and improved Dominion BSW background - hurray!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.