Jack Neal
United States
Liverpool
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
I was thinking about doing a Cuba map expansion with the resource pickup system in the third Expansion set. I imagine I will change some of the resources (iron/coal/grain/wood/passengers doesn't necessarily translate over well and I'd probably make a different Goods chart for this particular map).

Are there any other requests for maps that would be interesting to try? I don't have a time frame set on completing the Cuba map, and if there are other areas that people would be interested in, I'd be more than willing to try my hand at it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Jones
United States
Forest Grove
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Raiderjakk wrote:
I was thinking about doing a Cuba map expansion with the resource pickup system in the third Expansion set. I imagine I will change some of the resources (iron/coal/grain/wood/passengers doesn't necessarily translate over well and I'd probably make a different Goods chart for this particular map).

Are there any other requests for maps that would be interesting to try? I don't have a time frame set on completing the Cuba map, and if there are other areas that people would be interested in, I'd be more than willing to try my hand at it.

d10-1Gold Rush California
d10-2New York Subway
d10-3England/UK at the beginning of the railroad
d10-4Germany and or France during either of those 2 big fracas in the last century. This could be a great 2 player solitaire scenario with one person taking Germany the other taking France and trying to get the most resources to the front.
d10-4-A Same idea as #d10-4 but do it during the American Civil War with the Yanks and the Rebs. I SO want to see "Sherman's Neckties" as an event card!
d10-5USA Transcontinental
d10-6Russia Transcontinental
d10-7Africa Colonization
d10-8Oregon/Washington
d10-9China after the Cultural Revolution
d10-1d10-0East Coast USA during WWII (with your pickup and deliver from the factory/steel towns to the ports)

All those being said, how are you making the maps? I was kicking some of these ideas around after playing your game and wished I had a good program/way to make some more...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Neal
United States
Liverpool
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
- Google Maps (with screen scrapes and/or old maps).
- HexDraw (minimal fee, makes great maps with point-and-click hex. painting complete with semi-transparency and image export).
- Inkscape (to get the labels and everything in just the right place.)
- PosteRazor or OpenOffice (to get the image into PDF format)

Hex Draw does the majority of the work and I've used it since I started doing the expansions. For looks, I really like the Emerald Isle map, even though it is much less challenging than the other maps in the set.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Neal
United States
Liverpool
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Alright - next couple weeks or so, I'll see if I can string together a couple maps. I've still got Cuba on my mind, but one of the above would be pretty neat. I like trying to find some history behind the places I'm looking up, but I'll be out of town for most of the week. Should give me some time to narrow it down.

Thanks much,

J.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.