Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Biodiesel
United States
Manassas
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lizzy, the Shopkeeper card states: Play this card at the start of a Hero Turn on any building. A Hero may Kill any Zombie beaten in a Fight while in this building.

The Fence Post card states: At the end of the Hero's move, they may make a free Combat attack using the Fence Post against each Zombie in one adjacent space. If a Zombie wins, no wound is caused to the Hero.

The situation is:
Lizzy is played on a building. A hero in that building is wielding the Fence Post. The hero is standing against the wall, and outside is a zombie. If the hero uses the "free Combat attack" against that zombie and wins, does Lizzy's effect kill that zombie eventhough it is not in the building itself?

We had this situation come up in a game and decided that the free Combat attack counts as a "fight" (the zombie can play fight: cards), and since one of the participants in that fight was in the building, Lizzy's affect applied. This would also cover the situation if the positions were reversed and the hero was outside while the zombie was inside with Lizzy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Grey
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe you played this correctly. It would be considered a Fight because Fight dice are rolled.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Lamb
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
No, it doesn't. I was re-reading the Growing Hunger rulebook last night, and I believe it was in the FAQs in there that it clarifies - when the Fence Post is used, the fight technically "takes place" in the Zombie's square.

So in the situation you describe, Lizzie does not affect the results. But if the roles were reversed and the Zombie was inside the building and the Hero outside, I think that would work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Grey
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
drborts wrote:
No, it doesn't. I was re-reading the Growing Hunger rulebook last night, and I believe it was in the FAQs in there that it clarifies - when the Fence Post is used, the fight technically "takes place" in the Zombie's square.

So in the situation you describe, Lizzie does not affect the results. But if the roles were reversed and the Zombie was inside the building and the Hero outside, I think that would work.

oh shoot, you're right. I didn't read his entire post. It technically would be a Fight, but it would take place in the Zombies' space as you said. zombie

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.