Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jose Negron
United States
New Hyde Park
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I noticed the base game comes with a hunter and there is an expansion with a hunter of a different race. I am interested in this game or Runebound and have a few questions about WoWTAG.

1 - Is this game going to be modeled after WoW Online where each race has different abilities, even if they are the same class?

2 - Does race play an important factor or are both decks basically the same?

I'm looking for an adventure game that has multiple classes that isn't too complicated. I narrowed it down to WoWTag and Runebound due to the amount of class expansions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't seen anything to indicate the race is a factor. The "faction" matters for a few cases, but there are only two factions: Horde and Alliance. (You can tell which character is which faction by the color of the backs of their cards; Horde is red, Alliance is blue). But even the references to Faction are fairly limited.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jose Negron
United States
New Hyde Park
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Race would only affect the skills in the character deck then?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mariano
Argentina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
diferent race for a class has diferent ability desk (for example undead is cold mage and gnome is fire mage)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jose Negron
United States
New Hyde Park
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
oh ok. Thx.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Kelly
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
Allow me to introduce myself. I am Hexachlorophene J. Goodfortune, Kidnapper-At-Large, and Devourer of Tortoises par Excellence, at your service.
badge
If you can read this, then this sentence is false.
mbmbmbmbmb
There are a few race-related cards (e.g. the Tauren's Warstomp) in the ability decks. But for the most part, the differences between two characters of the same class could be described as differences in specialization (e.g. fire mage vs. frost mage). As in the online game, a character's race is mostly just flavor.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Pavitt
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are some race specific cards:

The Tauren hunter has Warstomp;
The Night Elf Warrior has Shadowmeld

There may well be others.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron McKenzie
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes but the point is that these abilities belong to the character, not necessarily the race. The gnome mage and the undead mage are not different because one is a gnome and one is an undead. They are different characters with completely different spells.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Placerville
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The orcs have their blood rage ability, the night elf druid has shadowmeld, the night elf warrior has shadowmeld and quickness. Tauren has warstomp.

These cards I find to actually be the more helpful cards. Like quickness (switch your dice roll with your opponents) or Warstomp (not affected by aggro and enemy characters can't play ability cards for a turn).

I use shadowmeld a lot too to avoid combats.

As for do they change the way the character is played. Yes I personally think they do. Blood rage is for the more aggressive play of the orc shaman and warrior. Shadowmeld and quickness are for the more evasive play style of the defensive warrior and druid (well druid when he is not in his bear form).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.