Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
designer
Designer of two games and one expansion
badge
This space is available for rental
mbmbmbmbmb
When playing solo should I (or real question should be: can I?) use new start worlds setup rules? (take two start worlds, look at your hand, decide on start world to settle)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Lehmann
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
When playing with both TGS and RvI, yes. You setup per RvI; there is no change in the Robot setup rules (except that takeovers are always off in solitaire games, as noted in the RvI solitaire section).

(In part, the HW choice rule is a response to the increased streakiness of player draws due to the larger deck; this streakiness is present in solo games, so the player gets the benefit of the new rule.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rus
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So Tom, does this mean you look at the robot's start world before your initial discard or after? (I.e. do you deal the robot's world face up or face down? I didn't find an answer ub the rules.) Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Lehmann
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Just as in normal RvI games, you choose your start world before you see your opponent's start world.

(In general, unless the solo rules say otherwise, apply the normal rules.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry R
msg tools
So, when setting up Solitaire in Rebel vs Imperium, are these the correct actions to take (and the correct order of actions)?

1. Separate even/odd start worlds.
2. Deal 1 of each to yourself.
3. Combine the remaining start worlds together and deal one face down to the robot as its starting world.
4. Shuffle the remaining start worlds with the game cards, deal 6 to yourself, keeping one of the originally-dealt start worlds and four of the game cards (discarding the rest of the cards).
5. Then, reveal the robot's start world (to see if it is Ancient Race), and deal the robot 4 face-down cards (3 if it has Ancient Race).

Thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Lehmann
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry R
msg tools
Thank you, Mr. Lehmann. Love the game, BTW!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.