Rob Derrick
United States
Los Alamos
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shouldn't be, but I am.

I guess what I'm really wondering is, do all markers for placed buildings score for somebody, eventually.

Examples:
- when I play a (4), and place 4 markers, do I score 1 for the leftover, or is it discarded?
- when I play a (4), and two of the site are already filled, do I scored 3 for the unused markers, 2 for the 2 I could not place, or none. discarding the 3?
- when I determine the location of an unowned building by a play of my own, what happens to the 5 markers on the building. Scored for me, or discarded? What if the building is owned by another player. Do I score for the number of markers currently left on it, or does that player score, or no score, or some other as yet not thought of possibility?

- In conclusion, does every marker for every placed building score for somebody, or are some discarded?

- And, if anybody who knows can tell me of any scoring situation I've not asked yet, that would be great too. I think that the scoring is the crux of our current problems with our playing of the game.

-- rob d.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Wilson
United States
Pleasanton
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
robmderrick wrote:
Shouldn't be, but I am.

I guess what I'm really wondering is, do all markers for placed buildings score for somebody, eventually.

Examples:
- when I play a (4), and place 4 markers, do I score 1 for the leftover, or is it discarded?

The one marker left over is scored for you.
Quote:

- when I play a (4), and two of the site are already filled, do I scored 3 for the unused markers, 2 for the 2 I could not place, or none. discarding the 3?

You score 3 for all three unused markers.
Quote:

- when I determine the location of an unowned building by a play of my own, what happens to the 5 markers on the building. Scored for me, or discarded? What if the building is owned by another player. Do I score for the number of markers currently left on it, or does that player score, or no score, or some other as yet not thought of possibility?

If you make a play that causes a previously unused building to be placed, all five markers get scored for you. Building ownership doesn't impact this. (much to my chagrin, as I just played this yesterday, and had my opponent constantly placing my buildings. shake )
Quote:

- In conclusion, does every marker for every placed building score for somebody, or are some discarded?

Every marker that either a) isn't placed on the board when the building is first introduced to the game, or b) comes off the board because of some other action is scored for the player who keeps it from going onto the board, or takes it off the board.
Quote:

- And, if anybody who knows can tell me of any scoring situation I've not asked yet, that would be great too. I think that the scoring is the crux of our current problems with our playing of the game.

-- rob d.

I think that summarizes things, really.
If you introduce a building and its five markers, each marker you don't place on the board during that introduction scores you one point.
Each marker you take off the board due to your action during your turn scores you one point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Derrick
United States
Los Alamos
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank You! You are a prince among men.

Now I think it will all make more sense.

-- rob d.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.