Germany
Nürnberg
Germany
flag msg tools
Mountainbike
badge
Roadbike
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, i have never played any of the CC games but I have rummaged in thier game forums to get an overview about what these games are all about. It seems to me, that CC:E is a game that relies heavily on its unpredictable storytelling aspect. Alot of random elements keep the game tense and lead to some unique playing experiences.

On the other hand CCacific seems to be a more reliable system that reduces the chaos of battle and creates a more chesslike game. Since my guesses are only based on forum-posts which are based on relative comparisons of the two games i wonder how much of a chaotic game is still there inside of CC: Pacific. How does it compare to other games that involve cards, for example Tide of Iron?

Is this game still a really big luckfest (which is what i am looking for, since i already have CoH which gives you more control) or does it play as reliable as other wargames?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
malteh wrote:
Is this game still a really big luckfest (which is what i am looking for, since i already have CoH which gives you more control) or does it play as reliable as other wargames?

I think the premise of your question is flawed. I don't think CC:E is a "luckfest" compared to COH. It's more chaotic, but that's not the same thing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malte Menger
Germany
Nürnberg
Germany
flag msg tools
Mountainbike
badge
Roadbike
mbmbmbmbmb
ok, than lets talk about the chaos factor here.

ps: im thinking of more unpredictable elements as something that is linked to a higher amount of luck. but this is not the topic here, so lets skip this discussion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chadwik
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a great deal of chaos in Both CC games. CCacific has a bit less than CC:Europe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think most would agree that CC is less chaotic/unpredictable than CC:E, but more so than COH.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Pennington
United States
Springfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
If your orange juice doesn't burn on the way down, then you need more vodka!
mbmbmbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:
I think most would agree that CC is less chaotic/unpredictable than CC:E, but more so than COH.

I agree, while I love CoH as well, it can have some pretty wild stuff going on that you don't expect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malte Menger
Germany
Nürnberg
Germany
flag msg tools
Mountainbike
badge
Roadbike
mbmbmbmbmb
i do not want to start a new thread, so i'm going to ask my question here... is there a citymap included in CC?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Powers
United States
Triangle
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No citymap in Pacific. And, while it would say it is less chaotic than Europe, only slightly so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Irving
United States
Salinas
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
malteh wrote:
i do not want to start a new thread, so i'm going to ask my question here... is there a citymap included in CC?

There are no city maps in CC, because none of the scenarios are based on actions that took place in cities. CC:E has several city maps.

The reason why CC has less perceived luck than CC:E is that several actions/triggers replaced random draws w/ specific card play:
- CCE Recover, dice vs. morale for each unit. CC Revive N, flip/remove suppressed markers from N units.
- CC:E Rout order (dice vs. moral for distance routed) is entirely removed in CC
- Weapon Malf: CC:E Jammed Trigger CC play of opponent Asset Denied
- Weapon Repair: CC:E check hex coordinate on Sniper/event, CC play Asset Request

The effect of this is that the random element shifts from a card draw to whether a certain appears in your or an opponent's hand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.