Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sebastian G.
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Race:(4)Kanamits -may kill one target token of each race on the board after the troop redeployment phase during their turn.
This idea came from the Kanamits from the twilight zone who summon other people to their home planet as a vacation spot and cook them. The power I believe fits well with their character.

Power(I really would like to see this):
(0)Resurrecting -At the beginning of each turn roll the reinforcement dice the number you roll is the number of additional troops you may use in concordance with your active race. These bonus tokens are available Lost Tribes tokens. If your actual active race tokens are all killed, that is, returned to the supply box, all lost tribes tokens die immediately also and are removed from the board. When put into decline all lost tribes tokens disappear.
This power is quite a gamble to take but can easily pay off big.

Race:Fire Elementals (4) During each of their troop redeployment phases they may leave a territory empty and still retain control of it by placing a "wildfire" token on that territory. The wild fire token territory acts as a token in defense and gives the area plus 1 defense.
Maximum of three tokens may be on the board at once. Tokens last until race is set in decline.

Power: Taunting(4) -once per player per game per turn this race may designate another ace whom they did attack this turn to attack them on their turn.

Power: Guardian(2) -you may have two active races. On your turn you completely do you turn with the Guardian race and then completely do your turn with your active race. The guardian race immediately leaves the map when the other active race is put into decline. The Guardian Race may not be put into decline.

Power: Resistant(5) -when a territory of theirs containing at least 2 units is conquered, they kill 1 enemy unit and lose 2 of their own units.

Power: Knowledgeable(4) -at the beginning of each turn each player must secretly reveal to them the number of VPs they own and give him 1.

Race: Gnomes(2) -at the beginning of their turn two more of them may be used. The first territory they take they take for free but kill no units.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Warner
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
My thoughts, barring any actual playing with these:

Race: Kanamits, Does this special ability kill Kanamit tokens as well? Does this affect both active and declined races? I can't help but think this ability is pretty strong, especially if the Kanamit player gets to choose which race tokens are removed.

Power: Resurrecting, I don't like the use of Lost Tribe tokens on this power because with some lucky die rolls and a good match up (Sorcerers, Skeletons, or Ratmen) this could turn into a nearly unstoppable engine. I think if you simply used the tokens of the race you had this could be simplified and would be more controlled in terms of power. You would start out weaker but with some lucky rolls it can turn you into a defensive power house as you could keep resurrecting your guys. The most serious problem with this idea of course would be its non-meaningful interaction with Elves.

Race: Fire Elementals, I really like this idea. Its a new twist on the defensive tokens as it lets you have a greater offense but is balanced by effectively giving up territories once your in decline. I really like this idea.

Power: Taunting, This is a neat idea but I don't like it for two reasons. First it limits the choices of the player taunted, I think people have more fun when they have more choices. Second it seems like it would be very difficult to find a situation where this would help you, in fact it mainly only seems useful in 3-5 player games where there are semi-official alliances floating around.

Power: Guardian, This seems to really be stepping on the toes of the design space used by the ghouls. This is particularly true if you consider ghouls could receive this power and it basically becomes redundant.

Power Resistant, I have seen a few variants on this idea pop up. I think in play what will happen will either be ignoring the penalty or simply letting the resistant race hang around. To this end I would like it much better as worth less than 5 tokens. Perhaps you could reduce the penalty of the ability and reduce the tokens they get.

Power: Knowledgeable, I like this power. It plays with the hidden victory points mechanic, which I haven't seen very many other custom power/races play with. It seems like this inside information wouldn't be super effective, especially considering there is a time lag in trying to understand the whole picture in a 3,4, or 5 person game. Bravo, I like this power a lot!

Race: Gnomes, It is really hard to decide how powerful this ability is with out knowing how many race tokens you intend for them to have in the tray. While allowing the Gnomes to conquer their first region for free doesn't seem like it would be particularly game breaking I am also worried about things like Dragon Master Gnomes. Such a combo could come crashing in despite their small number of tokens taking a reasonable swath and depending on the number in the tray still expand further every turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.