Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
"Games that want to get out."
mbmbmbmbmb
MINNEAPOLIS BOARDGAME MADNESS 10

SATURDAY July 11 AND SUNDAY July 12.
EACH DAY FROM 7AM UNTIL 11PM.

surpriseTHAT IS 32 HOURS OF BOARDGAMING MAYHEM AND FRENZIED BIT THROWING GOOD TIMES.

ADMISSION IS $5 PER PERSON PER DAY WITH A $5 DISCOUNT FOR ATTENDING BOTH DAYS. ADMISSION IS COLLECTED AT THE DOOR.

This event is being held in the meeting room at the Hampton Inn Hotel in Bloomington Minnesota. The hotel is located south across I494 from the Minneapolis/St. Paul International Airport. The hotel address is below.

Hampton Inn Hotel
2860 Metro Drive
Bloomington, MN 55425
(952) 854-7600

IF YOU PLAN TO ATTEND THIS EVENT, YOU MUST RSVP VIA GEEKMAIL FOR EACH DAY TO USERNAME BINGE GAMER AND YOU MUST RECEIVE CONFIRMATION BACK. THE REASON FOR THIS IS BECAUSE THE ROOM HAS A 50 PERSON CAPACITY.

This event uses an open gaming format.
To see a list of games played at the previous BoardGame Madness, follow this link.
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/42456

This event is open to anyone of any age who appreciates playing boardgames.

Use this forum to post questions regarding the Minneapolis BoardGame Madness 10 or to organize games in advance.

I will modify this notice to announce when the event is full.

SEE YOU THERE !!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Lane
United States
Golden Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Since it's been since COTN for some of us and about a year for the marathon people... any one for a No Ship Math Trade? I know, I'm sounding like a broken record every time we do this, but it's been a while that we've had one and it's a great way to experiment on new games without having to buy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Tietz
United States
Bloomington
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Woohoo!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Kimmel
United States
Waconia
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd be up for a math trade. I've got some extra stuff I need to unload. Not sure I'm going to the event but I could stop in just for the trade.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Schendel
United States
Lino Lakes
MN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rocking the suburbs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff
United States
Eden Prairie
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
"Games that want to get out."
mbmbmbmbmb
So far 39 people have registered.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Nies
United States
Keizer
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Add two more. Any prize for furthest traveling attendee?

Let me guess: a 24 hour stint at the Busen Memo table...shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Campbell
United States
Lincoln
Nebraska
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Coming from Lincoln, NE. Are you further than that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Christensen
United States
Fargo
North Dakota
flag msg tools
designer
Pat OwlOrbs on the head.
badge
Rub the wizard!
mbmbmbmbmb
kirkusmaximus wrote:
Coming from Lincoln, NE. Are you further than that?

A little bit further. Killdeer, ND.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Nies
United States
Keizer
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So how many BGG-ers will be there? Are you counting the days?!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Lane
United States
Golden Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
These are always a nice time, and Jeff does a great job organizing. I'm shocked to see so many out of towners! Is it always like that, and I just never bother to think it was anything but locals?

I know we don't have any time to whip up a Math Trade, but anyone interested in trades, please let me know! It's nice to save on shipping!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Christensen
United States
Fargo
North Dakota
flag msg tools
designer
Pat OwlOrbs on the head.
badge
Rub the wizard!
mbmbmbmbmb
I would be up for a trade if anyone cares to look at my trades/wants, just let me know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Schmidt
United States
Saint Marys
Ohio
flag msg tools
Hey all:

Flying in from Ohio on Sunday and hoping to get an invite for the day.

Gotta pack light to keep the luggage fare down.

Any chance there's anyone can tote Through the Ages, Agricola, Le Havre, Finca, Small World, (Age of) Steam, and/or Die Macher with them?

Thanks ahead, Kevin Schmidt

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Nies
United States
Keizer
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can bring Small World...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Lane
United States
Golden Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kschmidt wrote:
Hey all:

Flying in from Ohio on Sunday and hoping to get an invite for the day.

Gotta pack light to keep the luggage fare down.

Any chance there's anyone can tote Through the Ages, Agricola, Le Havre, Finca, Small World, (Age of) Steam, and/or Die Macher with them?

Thanks ahead, Kevin Schmidt

I'll have Finca with, but only on Sunday!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Professor of Pain
United States
St. Joseph
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I plan to attend, as long as the midwife says my spouse isn't going to go into labor imminently. This is my first Boardgame Madness event as I just moved to St. Cloud, MN. How does it work? Are there games there or should I bring games with me?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Nies
United States
Keizer
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like there will be a good supply of games available. I'm bringing Small World. Mothertruckin said he'd bring a small crate of games. Someone else said they would bring Finca and from looking at the previous gathering lists, there should be a good selection. I'm also probably going to bring Tal der Könige as it's my latest obsession.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Lane
United States
Golden Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
These are always very fun and really well run. Basically everyone shows up and brings games they want to play, and there are always folks around ready to jump in. We're never at a shortage of new and exciting games, and I don't think I've ever been to one that didn't have some of the hottest new releases at easy disposal as well as some classics. Many of our regulars are people who do plenty of ordering as well as hit up the big cons to pick up the hottest new releases.

People there have always been very nice and respectful. This being said, I would recommend if you do plan on bringing any games, throw a business card in the box in case something gets left behind. But I would recommend that to anyone at any BG event, and I simply mention it since we have so many out of towners coming!

Speaking of, be sure you are making a side trip to The Source! It's simply the best game store I've been to in the nation (and I travel a lot)!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Professor of Pain
United States
St. Joseph
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
All right, I'll bring some games then. I'll bring Age of Conan: The Strategy Board Game, Stone Age, Nuclear War, Race for the Galaxy and maybe a few others if I remember...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Hudoba
United States
Bloomington
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't realize we were starting to get out-of-towners...nice!

Hey, Jeff, that's just one more step toward official "convention" status, isn't it? laugh

P.S. Pete: My copy of Cuba didn't match up in the last math trade, so I'll bring it on Sunday if you want to give it try...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Christensen
United States
Fargo
North Dakota
flag msg tools
designer
Pat OwlOrbs on the head.
badge
Rub the wizard!
mbmbmbmbmb
In my travel crate with me at my hotel and therefore coming with me to boardgame madness: Cowboys: The way of the Gun, Jet Set, RftG, Vom Kap Bis Kairo, Escalation, Wizard (the trick taker), and R-Eco.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Lane
United States
Golden Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah I'm a bit puzzled by all the out of towners myself, but I guess that's summer for you! It's definitely why I wanted to try to push for math trading, but oh well. I will bring some of my tradable goods just in case we decide to have an auction again.

Looking forward to trying Cuba, and it'll be my first go with Finca as well as I just opened it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Professor of Pain
United States
St. Joseph
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
stagger lee wrote:
Yeah I'm a bit puzzled by all the out of towners myself, but I guess that's summer for you! It's definitely why I wanted to try to push for math trading, but oh well. I will bring some of my tradable goods just in case we decide to have an auction again.

Looking forward to trying Cuba, and it'll be my first go with Finca as well as I just opened it!

Well, there's nothing like this in St. Cloud, and its only a little more than an hour away... I'm not intruding am I?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Hudoba
United States
Bloomington
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
stagger lee wrote:

Hmmm...I hadn't heard of Finca until now. Maybe I'll have to give that a whirl, too?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Lane
United States
Golden Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chindent wrote:

Hmmm...I hadn't heard of Finca until now. Maybe I'll have to give that a whirl, too?

It was up for SdJ this year! Bad geek, not being informed! It looks really easy and fast, but has enough variety to be unique. I'm a sucker for quick and easy Euros!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.