Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
T. Nomad
Netherlands
Den Bosch
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just saw that my neighbourhood dept. store has ramped up their board game selection to include among others, Funkenschlag. The Korea Board Games edition does not have China on the backside, however, but the Germany map.

FYI
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paolo Robino
Italy
Dueville
Vicenza
flag msg tools
"I'm a Nay Saying worm beast!"
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems just right. If we Italians want to play with the Italy map, we have to buy the Italian edition ('Alta Tensione') AND the Italy/France expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eugene van der Pijll
Netherlands
Leidschendam
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tommynomad wrote:
The Korea Board Games edition does not have China on the backside, however, but the Germany map.

Ok, it needs a separate entry in the database then!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall Bart
United States
Winnetka
California
flag msg tools
designer
Baseball been bery bery good to me
badge
This is a picture of a published game designer
mbmbmbmbmb
pijll wrote:
tommynomad wrote:
The Korea Board Games edition does not have China on the backside, however, but the Germany map.

Ok, it needs a separate entry in the database then!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! crycrycrycrycrycrycrycrycrycrycrycrycrycrycrycrycrycrycrycrycrycrycrycrycry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tommynomad wrote:
Just saw that my neighbourhood dept. store has ramped up their board game selection to include among others, Funkenschlag. The Korea Board Games edition does not have China on the backside, however, but the Germany map.

So someone who buys this expansion gets a 2nd Germany map, since they already have the Germany map in the base set? That is ... odd ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eugene van der Pijll
Netherlands
Leidschendam
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
russ wrote:
So someone who buys this expansion gets a 2nd Germany map, since they already have the Germany map in the base set? That is ... odd ...

No, I'm pretty sure it means that the Korean base game contains a Korea/Germany board, just like the French base game by Filosofia, Mégawatts, has a Quebec/France map.

If a Korean buys the base game and the Korea/China expansion, they'd have the Korea map twice. I guess the Korean publisher will release a China/U.S. map at some time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pijll wrote:
russ wrote:

No, I'm pretty sure it means that the Korean base game contains a Korea/Germany board, just like the French base game by Filosofia, Mégawatts, has a Quebec/France map.

If a Korean buys the base game and the Korea/China expansion, they'd have the Korea map twice. I guess the Korean publisher will release a China/U.S. map at some time.

Ah... The original description "The Korea Board Games edition does not have China on the backside, however, but the Germany map." confused me then, as it sounds like describing a change to the Korea/China expansion.

If we're talking about the base game, then I'd have expected "does not have the US on the backside, however, but the Korea map."...!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Nomad
Netherlands
Den Bosch
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup, my bad for putting this in the expansion's forum. Sorry.
The base game sold here in Korea contains a double sided map, with Korea on one side and Germany on the other.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall Bart
United States
Winnetka
California
flag msg tools
designer
Baseball been bery bery good to me
badge
This is a picture of a published game designer
mbmbmbmbmb
russ wrote:
If we're talking about the base game, then I'd have expected "does not have the US on the backside, however, but the Korea map."...!

No. The Korean edition has Korea on the front and Germany on the back. The US edition had USA on the front and German on the back. The German edition has Germany on the front and USA on the back. The French edition has France on the front and Quebec on the back. The Quebecois edition has Quebec on the front and France on the back....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ɹǝsɐɹɟ
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
tommynomad wrote:
Yup, my bad for putting this in the expansion's forum. Sorry.
The base game sold here in Korea contains a double sided map, with Korea on one side and Germany on the other.

Fixed that, moved to Power Grid now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.