Popular Tags: [View All]
CJ
United Kingdom
Colchester
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Quick one:

The roads/rivers/cliffs of the terrain deck obviously extend over several folds which clearly makes them a slight nuisance to lay flat. I'm curious as to whether it is advisable to cut them across these folds and nullify this problem, and allow for greater flexibility, or leave them as is. What's the general consensus - what was the designer intent?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Gross
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I left mine in one piece, and have never had any problem getting them to lie flat-- or at least, flat enough that playing is no problem at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Buetow
United States
McHenry
Illinois
flag msg tools
Combat Commander Archivist
badge
Move! Advance! Fire! Rout! Recover! Artillery Denied! Artillery Request! Command Confusion...say what?!
mbmbmbmbmb
You could use a large sheet of plexiglass over them, though we tried that and didn't like the look for this particular game. Or, you could just make little scotch tape "rolls" and put them on the underside to hold them to your table. That's what we did so the terrain didn't slide around.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Browne
United States
Terre Haute
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Malacandra wrote:
You could use a large sheet of plexiglass over them, though we tried that and didn't like the look for this particular game. Or, you could just make little scotch tape "rolls" and put them on the underside to hold them to your table. That's what we did so the terrain didn't slide around.

We use Funtac! Doesn't have the chance to mess up the paper like tape does.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CJ
United Kingdom
Colchester
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Cheers for that, fellas.

Follow up question - what's the deal with the road junction/river fork if you leave the road/river as a single entity? It seems to me that you can't benefit fully, particularly in the case of the crossroads...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.