Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Cavaliere
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm new to the game but not quite sure on one aspect.

If armor takes more damage than it can defend the remaining hits go to the hero, but is the armor then destroyed? I don't think so but not %100 sure.

While I'm here (and before I spend too much more money) what do the Raid Decks add to the game and do they enhance it quite a bit?

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Vanek
United States
Twinsburg
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The armor is not destroyed, it just stays activated until your next ready step.

Raid decks are a really neat aspect of the game if you can get 4-5 other people who want to raid. There are two sorts, a single big boss and multiple little bosses. If your collection is not terribly deep, I would recommend Molten Core for multi-boss (black temple is the other one, but is much more difficult) and Megtheridon's Lair for the single boss (Onyxia is the other. It is somewhat easier, but is a far less engaging battle).

One of the gamestops near me has some raid decks CHEAP, so you might check your local store first to see if you can get a good deal on them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Cavaliere
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Matt for that info on the raid decks.

Don't mean to be such a newb here but here's another question on those decks.

Are you saying if we are just playing 2 player with a raid deck we should get the Megtheridon's Lair or Onyxia? Maybe raid decks can't be played 2 player? I'm not sure. Thanks again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Vanek
United States
Twinsburg
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
All raid decks are meant to be played with about 5 players (+/-1 depending on deck strength) against the raid deck. So you are looking at needing 5-6 players regardless of what raid deck you choose.

Mag's lair and Onyxia are basically one big creature the players are killing off. Molten Core and Black Temple are multiple smaller bosses which need to be beaten in succession.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Søren Staugaard
Denmark
flag msg tools
Penguin
mbmbmbmbmb
I know that this is not the way it's meant to be played, but I have tried with one person controlling two heroes, and that worked fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.