Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
12 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Computer Based Board Gaming » BrettspielWelt (BSW)

Subject: 5 cards from Dominion - Intrigue rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Werner Bär
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Starting sunday, june 28, 5 cards from Intrigue will be available in the Dominion games on BSW. They are:

Adlige - Nobles
Anbau - Upgrade
Baron - Baron
Lakai - Minion
Trickser - Swindler

At start, the cards will be available with the options setup and random. It's likely that a few additional sets wil be created with one ore more of these cards.

german source: Brettspielwelt Magazin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
(The Artist formerly known as) Arnest R
Germany
Munich
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
Keep calm and carry on...
mbmbmbmbmb
it says July, 28th soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Werner Bär
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
arnest_r wrote:
it says July, 28th soblue

Hm. The announcement on spielbox online said it was june 28th. And it would be very unusual for BSW to make such an announcement a month in advance. So i assume june is correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
norman rule
United States
Columbia
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the information!

I tried doing a translation on the page and it was... interesting to say the least!

Was there any mention of incorporating additional players in the BSW version?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wood
United States
Davis
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mrorwell wrote:
Thanks for the information!

I tried doing a translation on the page and it was... interesting to say the least!

Was there any mention of incorporating additional players in the BSW version?

I would doubt there is a need. Most of the time I play, I get complaints that I invited a three or *four* player game instead of starting immediately with 2.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
norman rule
United States
Columbia
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cinnibar wrote:
I would doubt there is a need.

You may not see a need, but my group certainly does!

Our semi regular group is 6 gamers spread across 5 cities and 2 states. The only way we manage to connect on a regular basis is on BSW, using Skype for conversation. There are relatively few 5-6 player games, so one more would be greatly appreciated!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
(The Artist formerly known as) Arnest R
Germany
Munich
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
Keep calm and carry on...
mbmbmbmbmb
You were right Werner, yayyyy !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil
Germany
Bremen
Bremen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Either "Anbau - Upgrade" has a wrong text or it is bugged. Because with it is possible to exchange the selected card with one that has the same value instead of a "exactly the value + 1".

But I don't like those cards anyway. In my opinion they suck and ruin the game. *shrug*

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R Nydam

Fairport
New York
msg tools
mbmb
I couldn't agree more. Wait until you get your festivals swindled into duchies a few times. You'll never want to play again. These cards turn a game of skill to one of dumb luck. I understand the need to promote more interaction, but not at the cost of changing the whole feel of the game. Before, it was a pretty friendly, thought-provoking game; now games can be mean-spirited and bereft of strategic value. What a horrible decision by the designer...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
norman rule
United States
Columbia
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gibberingfool wrote:
I couldn't agree more. Wait until you get your festivals swindled into duchies a few times. You'll never want to play again. These cards turn a game of skill to one of dumb luck. I understand the need to promote more interaction, but not at the cost of changing the whole feel of the game. Before, it was a pretty friendly, thought-provoking game; now games can be mean-spirited and bereft of strategic value. What a horrible decision by the designer...

The Swindler is just a tool... I've used it against people, they've used it against me. It only turns the game in to something "mean-spirited and bereft of strategic value" if you allow it to become that kind of game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil
Germany
Bremen
Bremen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After playing again: The Lakai/Minion is also broken. The "has at least 5 cards in hand" is ignored on BSW.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.