Richard Hoover
United States
Indiana
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
This has been a huge hit with my non gaming, casual gaming friends, equal or better than Ticket to Ride. Tried San Juan after it and San Juan was a drag to them compared to this.

What would people recommend as another game for people who love this?

I'm thinking Dominion as while adding more complexity and heavier feel, keeps one of the key fun parts: playing cards on others.

I was also thinking Archaelogy the card game, but think it may be too similar but less complex so that it felt redundant, i.e. might as well be playing Monopoly the Deal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Wilson
United States
Greenville
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been trying to come up with suggestions myself, and not having an easy time of it. I suppose the problem is because of the mix of mechanics. Is it the set-making aspect of the game you enjoy, or is it the stealing/rearrangement aspect, or something else entirely?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin G
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
Don't fall in love with me yet, we only recently met
mbmbmbmbmb
Rock Photo Star wrote:
What would people recommend as another game for people who love this?

For a 2-player game, I'd suggest Jambo. You draw cards and play several in a turn like in MDCG, and the cards offer a mixture of collecting things for yourself and screwing with other players. It's certainly a bit more complex than MDCG, but still perfectly accessible to light gamers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cate
United States
Mequon
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
No good deed goes unpunished.
badge
Ring the bells that still can ring, Forget your perfect offering, There's a crack in everything, That's how the light gets in. - Leonard Cohen
mbmbmbmbmb
I made a geeklist that pretty much addresses this issue:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/41938

Have you tried the Mystery Rummys?

Also, Archaeology might work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Noble
United States
El Dorado Hills
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently purchased MDCG with Archaeology and they both worked really with with my girlfriend. She actually wanted to play back to back games of both!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonio Tang
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The "banking" mechanic reminds me of Summoner Wars. In that game, you also have to decide whether to play or "burn" your units cards. (It's irreversible.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.