Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jacco Versteeg
United Kingdom
Crewe
Cheshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm turning to the assembled wisdom of the Geek here. Today I got to play a game, which the owner called 'Clonks & Clones'. Unfortunately, no box or rules set were there, so we just played it as she remembered it.

The game is played with two rubber 'clonks', which are basically half eggs with feet and eyes and a nose. However, inside of each 'clonk' you can put three 'clones', hard plastic things that resemble the clonk, but without the feet or nose. The aim of the game is to get each 'clonk' to the contraption in the centre, by means of a spinner which determines movement for the 'clonk' and the 'clone'. So the spinner will point to 1-2, 3-4 or 5-6, with a symbol on each arm to indicate which creature gets to move which distance.

Once you get the 'clonk' to the centre, you put it inside the contraption and hit the lid on it's head. This will cause the 'clones' to be pushed out. The clones are then supposed to be led home in a straight line to the player's own colour. However, other 'clonks' that have less than 3 'clones' in them, can gobble up 'clones' by landing on them. These in turn can be expelled by other 'clonks' landing on them, which will force the 'clonk' into the device, to expel the 'clones' once more.

Now, the game doesn't seem to exist on the geek - at least, not under this name. Some internet searching turned up this, which rather looks like the original idea for the game.

Does anybody here know this game by another name perhaps?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paolo Robino
Italy
Dueville
Vicenza
flag msg tools
"I'm a Nay Saying worm beast!"
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Klonks & Klones?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacco Versteeg
United Kingdom
Crewe
Cheshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Doh! surprise

Always the simplest answer, innit?

Cheers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.