Subject: Rules Posted rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chef D
United States
US Armed Forces - Americas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For anyone that's interested they are up and ready. Can't wait to get my hands on the cards.

http://www.riograndegames.com/games.html?id=301

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Half of this went over my head as I read thte rules, but I do have other things on my mind for the next several weeks.

I think I'm better off just having visuals and examples worked out hands on as I read some of the stuff in the rulebook, so I'll wait till I get my copy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Lewis
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed. The takeover rules were confusing to me as well, I'm wondering if my money was well spent. Guess I'll wait and see.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron McKenzie
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's pretty simple. Takeovers are successful if your military equals or exceeds your opponents military PLUS the strength of the world you want to take.

Temporary and specialized military is included IF applicable to the chosen world.

Vulnerability is simple -- There is a Imperium development that lets you take worlds from a "Rebel" tableau, a Revel development that lets you take worlds from an "Imperium" tableau, and a one-shot development that lets you take worlds from anyone with positive military.

All the details about play order and invoking temporary military more than once are just details to avoid confusion. In most cases, they won't even really apply.

The bit about the cubes and tracks is really more of a reference. It's not strictly necessary, as it only tracks:
a.) whether a player has Rebel worlds
b.) whether a player has Imperium cards
c.) how much "generic" military and how much "Rebel" military they have.

This is all stuff you can figure out by looking at their tableau. The cubes just make it slightly easier.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
colinkun wrote:
Agreed. The takeover rules were confusing to me as well, I'm wondering if my money was well spent. Guess I'll wait and see.
Is it still in preorder? You still have time in that case

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.