Rehovot
flag msg tools
It says: Love thy gamer
badge
I have nothing smart to say... yet
mbmbmbmbmb
From the rules:
Quote:
One fruit less: the player may deliver 1 fruit less than required. Thus, he may take tiles
totalling to 7, since he is only actually delivering 6 fruits.
A player cannot take a fruit tile with just one fruit by delivering 0 fruits of that kind.

Just to make sure:
When using this action tile, a normal donkey cart tile is also needed,right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve K
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
Great Dane wrote:
Yes. As the rule suggest it simply allow you take tiles for total of 7 with a normal (6-value) donkey cart
- or obviously, a delivery of 11 fruits with the 10-donkey special token.

I thought you could only use one special tile in a turn, so you couldn't combine tiles in this way to get the fruit tiles of value 11.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
desmodus
France
Bantzenheim
flag msg tools
badge
Die Ärzte, Bad Religioon, Bauhaus, Dom Perignon, In Extremo, Joy Division, Lacrimosa, New Model Army, Nirvana, Officine Panerai, Placebo, Rammstein, The Sisters of Mercy, Smashing Pumpkins, The Cure, The Mission, Die Toten Hosen, Umbra et Imago
mbmbmbmbmb
SteveK2 wrote:
Great Dane wrote:
Yes. As the rule suggest it simply allow you take tiles for total of 7 with a normal (6-value) donkey cart
- or obviously, a delivery of 11 fruits with the 10-donkey special token.

I thought you could only use one special tile in a turn, so you couldn't combine tiles in this way to get the fruit tiles of value 11.

You are right: Only one special tile per turn, so you can't combine the big donkey 10 fruit tile with the -1 fruit tile!!!

And just to support the answer to the initial question: Yes you need a donkey token withe the -1 fruit tile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Koby Shachar
Israel
Rehovot
flag msg tools
It says: Love thy gamer
badge
I have nothing smart to say... yet
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!
That support my initial thought.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
desmodus wrote:
You are right: Only one special tile per turn, so you can't combine the big donkey 10 fruit tile with the -1 fruit tile!!!

Forgot that!
Thanks!
blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Madden
United States
Lehi
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can see the logic of this, but I think this should have been explicitly stated in the rules, since the rules DO state that a player "must choose one of the three following options" where the second option is to use a donkey cart to deliver fruit. Thus, if I'm not using a donkey cart to deliver fruit but am instead using an action tile, I would assume that the cart is built into the action tile (as it is with the 10-fruit donkey cart).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Kikola
United States
Parkville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
losmadden wrote:
I can see the logic of this, but I think this should have been explicitly stated in the rules, since the rules DO state that a player "must choose one of the three following options" where the second option is to use a donkey cart to deliver fruit. Thus, if I'm not using a donkey cart to deliver fruit but am instead using an action tile, I would assume that the cart is built into the action tile (as it is with the 10-fruit donkey cart).

A baseless assumption, since having a deliver-with-cart option doesn't preclude the game from having a deliver-with-cart action tile.

The rules state, "One fruit less: the player may deliver 1 fruit less than required" (p. 8). Essentially, the player performs a delivery action, with a bonus. Since the "deliver" action is earlier defined as requiring the use of a donkey cart, you should assume that a donkey cart is still required here, unless stated otherwise (as with the large donkey cart at the top of the page).

But I agree that the rules are not very clear, and that they should be more explicit. I only mean to show that a careful reading of the rules as written should lead to the correct interpretation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
anthony jackson
United Kingdom
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i understand it that a normal donkey cart can carry only 6 fruit. The 1- fruit action tile only means that there is a fruit cost of 5 MAX for a delvery of fruit. Thus you cant obtain fruit tiles that when combined have a total of 7. Does anyine else agree with this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Per Penna
msg tools
Fergal wrote:
i understand it that a normal donkey cart can carry only 6 fruit. The 1- fruit action tile only means that there is a fruit cost of 5 MAX for a delvery of fruit. Thus you cant obtain fruit tiles that when combined have a total of 7. Does anyine else agree with this?

No.

The -1 tile means that you are allowed to deliver 1 fruit less than what is required. And since the donkey cart can carry 6 fruits, you can (using the -1 tile) collect fruit tiles worth a total of 7.

The nordic rules clearly say that this is the way the tile works.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
anthony jackson
United Kingdom
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks for the clear up. More points coming my way
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.