Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J G
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have played probably like 8 or 9 games. and we soon realize the points from counting the cities and roads are about 20-25, so we decided to make the award just be 20 points.

anyone else doing this? or similar?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Martin
United States
Colorado Springs
CO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We actually play completely differently. Each tile is worth 10 points at the end, but during the game if you possess the tile you score one point immediately when a road/city is completed. It makes the counting up easier, plus there is now incentive to hold the tile as long as you can. We found this to be a much more interesting variant for the scoring rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Almarr Ormarsson
Iceland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
In the Icelandic version of Inns & Cathedrals, the King expansion is actually included (hence it is named: Kóngar, krár og kirkjur meaning Kings, inns and cathedrals).

In those rules both tiles score 15 points at the end of the game which was something I found fair. Of course I haven't tried it the other way but it seems some people don't like the old rules so I guess this is an attempt to please them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Newman
United States
Olympia
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We actually play by the scoring rules. We use wooden Risk cubes to help with scoring. Each time a city is complete we put a yellow cube in it. If it is the largest city we put one of the yellow oblong Risk pieces in it so we can easily see which one is the largest. We do the same for roads but use red cubes. At the end we just pick up the cubes and count them to determine how many cities and roads. It really makes it easy. I picked up the old risk set at a thrift store for $1.99.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.