Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mr. Money
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just picked up the Z-man version of Babel 13 and pleased with the components except for one thing:

Where are the frakin ARMY REFERENCE Cards??!!!

In the original, they are an indispensable addition, especially when learning the game. How may times did you use it? How useful was it when introducing the game to other people in addition to the army notes on the other side? Get my point?

I am rather shocked that no one has been more critical of this expansion due to this glaring omission.

So to solve this problem I just print out what an awesome fan has put together? No, this is just lazy. I will reconsider purchasing any further expansions in the future. angry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Are you kidding me??!!!
What????? I gave Zev my ref card files months ago & a new one I made specifically for his release that had all the terrain ref info on it!

I'll check with him since he never mentioned not using them. It's possible its a packaging error. The new terrain card was suppose to be a surprise.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King of the Dead
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Are YOU kidding ME?

You're not going to get any more expansions for a great game from a great company because of this?

That sounds pretty lame to me.

But, hey, if you want to cut off your nose to spite your face it's got nothing to do with me.

I'll just be over here playing Neuroshima Hex! with the fantastic components provided in the box and my fun will be bolstered by the wonderful extras made by passionate fans that I wasn't to busy being a whiny baby to print out.

"Lazy"... Puh-lease!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Money
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I feel terrible!!!!!!!!!!

I was sold the wrong version! I have the Portal/Iello one. I assumed it was the Z-Man version since apparently it "just came in" and it's the one listed on his website. I picked this up at a game con and was in a hurry.

I'll contact the seller. The Z-man version is the ONLY one I wanted and expected to purchase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok guys, I just got a response from Zev. It's a packaging error, they should be in the box.

If you are still at the con then you can probably stop by the booth. Otherwise head to their website and email them about it. Zev is a great guy and I'm sure will hook you up with your missing ref cards.

EDIT- Good to hear that it was a wrong version and not a packaging error. Hope you can resolve it. Of course, now the new ref card surprise is out of the bag! I've been keeping quiet for months about it and it was very hard.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Money
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey King of the Dead, I think the fans are great for the game and I am one of them. I was just venting a bit. Can't anyone do that around here without getting smacked around? I never said I would stop playing what I have. In fact, the more I play the game, the more I enjoy it. Sheesh.

There was a mistake made in this purchase. I'll see what can be done about it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gunther Schmidl
Austria
Linz
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
ScottE wrote:
I'll check with him since he never mentioned not using them. It's possible its a packaging error. The new terrain card was suppose to be a surprise.

Now that it's not, will we see it on the 'geek?

-- Gunther
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hélio Andrade
Portugal
Lisboa
Lisboa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ScottE: will you put that terrain reference sheet in BGG for download? i'm very interested in it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sorry guys but at this point I can't put it up. But we'll see about offering it for download at a later date.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Jean
Canada
Québec City
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That would be nice to put up for those who had another edition for months already....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Money
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

Thankfully I was able to contact the seller and exchange the older edition of the game for the Z-man one.

Not only were the most excellent army summary cards included but also a larger summary card for campaign play. Pretty sweet.

cheers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DavidPD wrote:
Hi all,

Thankfully I was able to contact the seller and exchange the older edition of the game for the Z-man one.

Not only were the most excellent army summary cards included but also a larger summary card for campaign play. Pretty sweet.

cheers

Cool, I assume you mean a terrain summary card. If you got a camera post some pics. I've not seen them printed myself yet! I'm waiting for my copy to show up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.