Subject: 2-hex WN positions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rick Yarto
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
Raining down board gaming fun since 1985!
badge
Play DVG's Field Commander Nimitz!
mbmbmbmbmb
With regards to these positions, let me make sure I have this right!

1). A US tank is on a beach hex in the field of fire of WN72. Can the barrage be against either hex of the WN72 as long as both hexes are within range of the tank?

It's turn 1 and I was able to be disrupt the WN72N hex just now given the scenario above; in the subsequent turn, WN72S is undisrupted, so it may fire on US units. Hope this is right!

2). With no depth marker, WN72S can fire into any hexes of it's colors fire dots (purple) only if the fire card shows a single card, since WN72N is out commission for now. Furthermore, only 1 US unit may be targeted, correct?

3). Finally - assume WN72S is able to fire on the US in turn 2. Since a single purple card came up, this same card also allows the disrupted marker on WN72N to be removed as well, correct? WN72 is now back at full strength...

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Butterfield
United States
Fremont
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
All your statements are correct; except that in (1) only the hex the tank is actually barraging need be in its range.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Yarto
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
Raining down board gaming fun since 1985!
badge
Play DVG's Field Commander Nimitz!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks - since the tanks are stuck on the beach until the engineers get there in turn 17, the tanks are good at barrages! I picked up a subtle tip from CSW just now about 2 tanks being together and each pulling off a barrage as 1 action! And no "concentrated target" penalty to boot! I realize that albeit a single action, it's two barrage attacks.

It's a real challenge to decide what to do with each division's precious non-free actions!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.