Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Abrams
United States
Tarzana
California
flag msg tools
mb
I have reviewed the rules, but before I teach the game to my gaming group, I needed clarification on the sea movement option. The rules state that when moving from one maritime district to another, the districts must be in the same maritime sector or in two adjacent maritime sectors. It then states that the division of the maritime sectors is indicated by the dotted lines originating from the 3 lighthouses of the city. It seems to me that there are 4 maritime sectors, 3 of which are formed by the dotted lines and 1 of which is formed by the rocks to the east of the isle of fire. Otherwise, if there are only 3 maritime sectors, each one would be adjacent to every other, and the rule would instead read that you could move from one maritime district to any other maritime district. Did I get that one right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Bennett
United States
Newton
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
Why did the painter paint the wall for free? Because it was on the house.
mbmbmbmbmb
You're correct that there are 4 maritime districts. After the rules note that they are divided by the dotted lines from the 3 lighthouses (which is correct), there is a diagram demonstrating movement, then an italicized paragraph that explains that the reefs (the rocky area east of the isle of fire) and the canals between the islands cannot be crossed by sea movement. So that forms 4 maritime districts defined by 3 dotted lines that can be crossed by sea and one reef area that cannot.

And, just since you didn't mention it, note that you can only go by sea movement to and from island districts that have ships shown on the board next to them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Birdwise
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bilben04 wrote:
You're correct that there are 4 maritime districts. After the rules note that they are divided by the dotted lines from the 3 lighthouses (which is correct), there is a diagram demonstrating movement, then an italicized paragraph that explains that the reefs (the rocky area east of the isle of fire) and the canals between the islands cannot be crossed by sea movement. So that forms 4 maritime districts defined by 3 dotted lines that can be crossed by sea and one reef area that cannot.

And, just since you didn't mention it, note that you can only go by sea movement to and from island districts that have ships shown on the board next to them.

Another question regarding Sea Movement: Does the term "island districts that have ships shown on the board next to them" mean any district with a dock and a ship/boat next to them"? For clarification, for the Isle of Wind (purple roofs, bird symbol), this interpretation would mean that only 3 of the 5 Districts on the Isle of Wind would allow for Sea Movement (i.e., the three with docks and valued at 4, 3 and 3 Points).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.