United States
Hermitage
TN
flag msg tools
It's turtles all the way down.
badge
“Questions are a burden to others; answers a prison for oneself.”
mbmbmbmbmb
Perusing my feeds the other day I saw a nice shrinky dink game counter tutorial on makezine.com.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kahnt
United States
Youngstown
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
It's fun, it's healthy, it's good exercise. The kids will just love it. And we put a little sand inside to make the experience more pleasant.
badge
You know, they say there was a man who jumped from the forty-FIFTH floor? But that's another story...
Nice!

Am I the only one who liked the smell of shrinky dinks?

-DK
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Vitek
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Neat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor Watrous
United States
Fort Wayne
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Like any other Klingon: looking for a worthy opponent.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for posting the link to the tutorial. I saw the printable sheets on the Shrinky Dink website some time ago and thought that indestructible war game chits could be made with it. Glad to have a tutorial now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malachi Brown
United States
Hermitage
TN
flag msg tools
It's turtles all the way down.
badge
“Questions are a burden to others; answers a prison for oneself.”
mbmbmbmbmb
It occurred to me today that you could probably make a neat, and tiny, Micropul set this way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Hayes
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It would make an awesome micropul set. But it doesn't have to be tiny if you scale up the templates.

I just made my copy of micropul, but now I want to make one using this method. You could even make matching marker stones at the same time!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Subhan Michael Tindall
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If I remember correctly the biggest problem with Shrinky Dink tokens is that they don't shrink equally in both dimensions, so your squares end up rectangles, circles turn in to elipses, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Mirkes
United States
La Crosse
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
Papa was a rollin' stone...
mbmbmbmbmb
subhan wrote:
If I remember correctly the biggest problem with Shrinky Dink tokens is that they don't shrink equally in both dimensions, so your squares end up rectangles, circles turn in to elipses, etc.

Does anyone have any kind of information regarding how unequal the shrinking is between the length and width? It might take some experimentation, but it would seem you could adjust for this by distorting the images you intend to shrink by the right amount, and so they'd be "warped" going into the heat, but come out just as you intend them to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter De Bruycker
Belgium
Gent (Desteldonk)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This should have all the info you need: Howto build an Fan Army out of Shrink Plastic
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jefF, There are some who call me... DuneKitteh
United States
Wood Dale
Illinois
flag msg tools
Dune Kitty really does love you, despite any asshattery.
badge
Useless rollover, booya! Dune Kitty says, "deal with it."
mbmbmbmbmb
Funny to note *what* game he's doing this with. read it / grab your copy now before SJC has it ripped down and the internet scrubbed of it. wow

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.