Popular Tags: [View All]
Breno K.
Brazil
Brasília
Distrito Federal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For those more experienced Neuland players, I ask: do you think the differences in the VP buildings from the 1st to the 2nd edition make much of a difference in the balance of the game? Someone commented on the rules-difference files that a few buildings were changed:

1) Culture 1 changed from Paper & Stone to Paper & Wool
2) Military 3 changed from Stone & Weapons & Food to Weapons & Food
3) Politics 4 changed from Weapons & Cloth to Weapons & Cloth & Food

Do you think this will make much of a difference? I'm hesitating to change this, because it's not just a matter of not using one component or changing a rule, it deals with the physical production of the game (the iconography).

I've played it for the 1st time today, using the earlier rules. Seriously, what were they thinking when they changed the mine rule?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C Lawrence
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
BrenoK wrote:
Do you think this will make much of a difference?

I haven't done any analysis, however in my sole play with the 2nd edition I didn't not notice any significant effect from the change. (We usually play my 1st edition set)

Quote:
Seriously, what were they thinking when they changed the mine rule?

Somebody brain farted; I can think of no other reasonable excuse.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Breno K.
Brazil
Brasília
Distrito Federal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
clearclaw wrote:

Quote:
Seriously, what were they thinking when they changed the mine rule?

Somebody brain farted; I can think of no other reasonable excuse.

Must've been some sort of "thematic" reasoning; to most gamers it probably sounds strange that you get to choose what minerals you find in a mine... the same kind of thinking that questions the fact that you get to know all the events in "In the Year of the Dragon" from turn 1, even though this kind of planning is pretty much what constitutes the entire game to begin with...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.