Tom Dickson
United States
National City
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If I log a play of Carcassonne, for example, it should have in the extended area (where the twitter, etc is) a list of the expansions with checkboxes next to them. Then I can check the expansions I used during my play.

An additional enhancement would be to "remember" expansion groups so that I wouldn't need to check it each time.

And of course if I log a play for Catan: 5-6 Player Extension it would have an option to check that would log a play for the main game at the same time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Majik Mouse
United States
Tuscaloosa
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
Love and Peace from the MajikMouse!
mbmbmbmbmb
I 100% agree. I try to log my plays (as I know their are a lot of dataheads out there that really like as many people to participate as possible) and yet I am often inconsistent in logging expansions, both because of the added hassle and because it throws off my number of games played. This probably makes my data less that worthless. If offered a nearby check, however, I would be happy to improve my data so the number crunchers out there could improve their results.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Dickson
United States
National City
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We could also make it so that if you've marked a user as "trusted" (a step above GeekBuddies or something) their plays where they list you as a player would automatically be copied to your plays. This way, if you have a group of 7 playing Citadels, only one user would have to enter each play, and all would get the record.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Pizio
United States
Fall River
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Another year, another support drive, another silly Over text
badge
Which way to the nearest cliff?
mbmbmbmbmb
Really a check box to not include a game in your games played total would be nice for logging expansions. That way you wouldn't need to do fractional number of plays, ie 0.01=1.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jefferson Krogh
United States
San Leandro
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A filter in the Games Played area that excluded expansions might help, in addition to the other excellent suggestions in this thread.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xander Fulton
United States
Astoria
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kobold Curry Chef wrote:
A filter in the Games Played area that excluded expansions might help, in addition to the other excellent suggestions in this thread.

Or just track expansions separately from the "games played". IE., you cannot "log a play" against an expansion, you can only "log a play" against something identified as a 'base game', with the expansions it has available listed as checkboxes.

(And if you really wanted to be cool about it, grey out the expansions that the user doesn't own, so they only see as available-to-check options the expansions they have when logging a play for a game)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Dickson
United States
National City
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
But are there any expansions that can be played as a standalone game, too?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
col_w
United Kingdom
Poole
Dorset
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bombcar wrote:

Dominion: Intrigue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy McKinney
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bombcar wrote:

Technically, Railways of Europe as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Pizio
United States
Fall River
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Another year, another support drive, another silly Over text
badge
Which way to the nearest cliff?
mbmbmbmbmb
But technically you could play an expansion owned by some one else. So grayed boxes would need to be checkable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Get up, get up, get up, get down, fall over.
United Kingdom
Bolton
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great idea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.