Fjords» Forums » General

Subject: Incorrectly printed start tiles rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Bray
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I recently bought the game. When I opened the box to figure out how to play it, the start tiles appear to be incorrectly printed when compared to the instructions. The start tile with the water appear to have the water on a point one positions clockwise, when compared with the tiles pictured in the instructions. Has anyone else come across the problem.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmb
It's not just you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Benjamin
United States
Los Alamos
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a mirror image.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Adams
United States
Brigham City
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thoughtful wrote:
...the start tiles appear to be incorrectly printed when compared to the instructions...

I'd say the instructions are incorrectly printed when compared to the start tiles. One of them is in error, but mistakes in instructions seem more easily forgivable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
I say our physical universe is incorrect, and we should be able to freely and easily flip things through the fourth dimension to correct such things on our own.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1603-1714
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
Now I can add text to my avatar? Sweet! How do I do it?
mbmbmbmbmb
Mike A wrote:
Thoughtful wrote:
...the start tiles appear to be incorrectly printed when compared to the instructions...

I'd say the instructions are incorrectly printed when compared to the start tiles. One of them is in error, but mistakes in instructions seem more easily forgivable.

Well, the problem is worse than you think. ALL the tiles (that's right, ALL) are printed backwards, which makes that game extremely difficult to play. Despite being right-handed, I find that I have to play Fjords left-handed just to be able to get through a session of this otherwise excellent game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Bateson
United Kingdom
Ross-on-Wye
flag msg tools
badge
Oi! Hands off...
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, perhaps being left-handed is why I always win, then.

Not because my wife thinks it's 'just about making pretty maps'.

Seriously, you should come and watch a Carc session. You'd die laughing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cagriggs wrote:
ALL the tiles (that's right, ALL) are printed backwards, which makes that game extremely difficult to play.

So all of the tiles are backwards, and two-thirds of the illustration is backwards? That's still better than Carcassonne where all of the tiles are backwards and all of the illustrations in the rulebook are backwards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bray
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks for your comments. I recieved an email this morning from Rio Grande games confirming this. I will look forward to trying it tonite.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M Hellyer
United States
Aurora
Illinois
flag msg tools
Ditto for the game I recently bought. The start tiles don't fit together as the picture indicates. We just start the 3 of them in single file sequence.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clement Tey
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PlayMe1 wrote:
Ditto for the game I recently bought. The start tiles don't fit together as the picture indicates. We just start the 3 of them in single file sequence.

That's illegal placement. You gotta make sure two of the sides of each tile are touching. That means a triangle looking placement for the 3 start tiles. Try it, there's only one possible way to fit them together.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian O'Neill
Ireland
Castleconnell
Co.Limerick
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just played this for the first time tonight. Really enjoyed the game but the start tiles are wrong (or at least one of them is). What should we do so ? Join them the only way we can or 'force' them into a start position matching closely the printed image ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
brianon wrote:
I just played this for the first time tonight. Really enjoyed the game but the start tiles are wrong (or at least one of them is). What should we do so ? Join them the only way we can or 'force' them into a start position matching closely the printed image ?

Play with them a few seconds. You can put them together- it just won't look like rules
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Bateson
United Kingdom
Ross-on-Wye
flag msg tools
badge
Oi! Hands off...
mbmbmbmbmb
Orangemoose wrote:

Play with them a few seconds. You can put them together- it just won't look like rules

Kama Sutra, p2
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.