Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Ca$h 'n Gun$: Live» Forums » Rules

Subject: Unclear on being wounded - How many wounds do you take in a phase? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Russell Howell                (What's Right?) (What's Wrong?)        
United States
Canoga Park
California
flag msg tools
Brought to you by Zik Zak
badge
Brought to you by Zik Zak
mbmbmbmbmb
I have read the rules numerous times and I am still unclear as to whether it is possible to be wounded multiple times in the Bang! Bang! Bang! round or not (or for that matter, the Bang! card as well).

Scenario 1:
One person points a BBB card at you. You have a backstab card.
Result:
You take a single wound, and attempt to back stab some. You show a wound with your right hand on your heart. All fine and good.

Scenario 2:
One person points a BBB card at you. You have a grenade.
Result:
You take a single wound, activate the grenade, die and potentially take others with you. All is still fine and good.

Scenario 2:
THREE people point BBB cards at you.
Result: Unclear... Are you dead regardless of what click card you have, or do you only take one wound?
If you had the Click... Kevlar card, would you take ANY wounds from the BBB cards? or would the only damage you take potentially be from grenade or backstabbing?

The rules state:

Quote:
Phase 5/ Bang, Bang, Bang!
All the players targeted by these cards get injured at the same time. They have to put their right hands on their hearts to show they are injured and stop aiming if they still were.
A player, who had a Double Guns or a Shotgun, and gets injured by a Bang! Bang! Bang! is surprised by the speed of the shot and won’t be able to shoot. To make things easier for the Godfather, he just has to stay quiet.
An injured player whose card was a Click, raises his left hand, announces his power and the Godfather will then work out the consequences of the powers.

To me this sounds as if you could have every opposing team player pointing a BBB card at you and you would only be wounded once. That seems a little off to me. I would love to here what others think, or even better, know for a fact, what the appropriate ruling is.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Telly Johansen
msg tools
Quote:
All the players targeted by these cards get injured at the same time.

Injured at the same time only refers to the moment, not the amount of injuries. So this does not mean they can only get injured once.

Telly

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frantisek Fuka
Czech Republic
Prague
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mb
Quote:
Injured at the same time only refers to the moment, not the amount of injuries. So this does not mean they can only get injured once.

I am still rather confused by the wording. If "all damage takes place at once", that means the guy who is shot by two or more enemies at once, is instantly going to hospital, without activating his "Click" action? Because Click is activated when someone is injured (has 1 wound) and this person gets 2 or more hits AT ONCE which means he never is "injured" - he went from "healthy" straight to "dead".

If I am wrong, how are multiple hits handled? I get three hits at once. After the first hit, I get to activate my Click action, which potentially triggers other actions, and, after all that is resolved, the remaining received hits have to be handled???

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias Wehrum
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fuxoft wrote:
I am still rather confused by the wording. If "all damage takes place at once", that means the guy who is shot by two or more enemies at once, is instantly going to hospital, without activating his "Click" action?

Cannot backup it with the rules, but dead man tell neither tales nor backstab anyone. That's at least how we play, it works and kind of makes sense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-François Pruneau
Canada
Montréal
Québec
flag msg tools
mb
Legato wrote:
Cannot backup it with the rules, but dead man tell neither tales nor backstab anyone. That's at least how we play, it works and kind of makes sense.
<
Same here. We mostly used our "BangBangBang" in pairs so we kill the grenades before they launch, or lose them on a "Kevlar" player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claus Bülow
Denmark
Ringkøbing
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
3 OR 2 BBB and your dead !

Thats where the Cowards Corner comes in play...
You are out for now but in again next round.

But if you die... Your out now (r1) and next round (r2)
and in again in round 3

Thats how Im Reading the ruels ?!?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.