Marcin Krupiński
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
designer
badge
This space is available for rental
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi everyone. This time I'm going to talk a little bit about Rebel vs Imperium.

Forgive me for small mistakes in video - beginning of the video is cut off a little bit (no 'Hi everyone, Marcin here') and when I'm talking about that I'm waiting for comments, of course I meant comments about this video. Enjoy.

• [+] Dice rolls
EP Papa
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great video. I look forward to getting this. Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AMERIGAMER!
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed. You really did a nice job.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Fowler
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Really good video. Nice explanation of the components.
Thumbs up!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Tudor
United States
Paoli
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice job with the overview. I really appreciate the opportunity to take a peek at the game before it hits the US. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wei-Hwa Huang
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You won't need a box insert with the third expansion because when you jam everything into the little box, there won't be any room for things to slide around. :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcin Krupiński
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Right now there is no room inside the box. And cards fill-up those cards boxes entirely, so there is no room for another one

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wei-Hwa Huang
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that's because you're wasting space with card sleeves
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Saint Joseph
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
I would do all the things I have ever dreamed of doing. I would love to become a professional whistler.I'm pretty amazing at it now, but I wanna get, like, even better. Make my living out of it.
badge
Bffffttt, Pffffttt, Buuuuurtt........
mbmbmbmbmb
onigame wrote:
I like RftG and after playing over 150 games on my first base set, it was showing a good deal of wear. So when the first expansion came out, I bought a new base set to go with it and I sleeved the lot for $2. Had I not done this, the 150+ games I've played since would have worn out my second base set and I'd be looking to buy a third base set and second copy of The Gathering Storm along with Rebel vs Imperium. So for me and many others, sleeves are not optional.

But I don't bother to carry around all the stuff for the solitaire game, nor the player aids and rule books, so I can fit the base game and The Gathering Storm in a 300 count baseball card box. There should be room for the extra points, goals and cards from Rebel vs Imperium. Although not the military tracks, so I *might* move up to Rebel vs Imperium expansion box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Myles Corcoran
Ireland
Cork
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great overview. Thanks for posting this. Now I just have to sit and watch the postman everyday until my copy of RftG:RvI arrives.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcin Krupiński
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
spearjr wrote:
But I don't bother to carry around all the stuff for the solitaire game, nor the player aids and rule books

Solitaire game tokens and dices don't take that much space. Probably I'll go with some bigger card box or just base game box. I won't separate solitaire stuff from cards, point etc. because later I'll have hard time finding them (lately I found Gathering Storm's rulebook in Princess of Florence box )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Saint Joseph
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
I would do all the things I have ever dreamed of doing. I would love to become a professional whistler.I'm pretty amazing at it now, but I wanna get, like, even better. Make my living out of it.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yosz wrote:
spearjr wrote:
But I don't bother to carry around all the stuff for the solitaire game, nor the player aids and rule books

Solitaire game tokens and dices don't take that much space. Probably I'll go with some bigger card box or just base game box. I won't separate solitaire stuff from cards, point etc. because later I'll have hard time finding them (lately I found Gathering Storm's rulebook in Princess of Florence box )
My solitaire bits are in the main game box, which sits on my shelf, while my mini box goes with me darn near everywhere.

Compare to the player aid in size:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Bryant
United States
Jamaica Plain
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great video you managed to give a very good look at the expansion in a nice concise way. I hope you are able to get a lot of plays out of it in the near future.

The military might markers are a nice idea though not sure I wanted to see more kinds of bits with this game. I really liked the notion of it being mostly "card pure."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wei-Hwa Huang
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
spearjr wrote:
onigame wrote:
I like RftG and after playing over 150 games on my first base set, it was showing a good deal of wear. So when the first expansion came out, I bought a new base set to go with it and I sleeved the lot for $2. Had I not done this, the 150+ games I've played since would have worn out my second base set and I'd be looking to buy a third base set and second copy of The Gathering Storm along with Rebel vs Imperium. So for me and many others, sleeves are not optional.

So... you want the publisher to supply something that will make you buy fewer sets, thereby decreasing their revenue? A reasonable desire, I suppose, though somewhat illogical on the surface.

More generally, though, you're also making an underlying assumption that it is important that players not be able to distinguish cards from different expansions. Something that I don't particularly find that important in RFTG gameplay.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Saint Joseph
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
onigame wrote:
spearjr wrote:
onigame wrote:

So... you want the publisher to supply something that will make you buy fewer sets, thereby decreasing their revenue? A reasonable desire, I suppose, though somewhat illogical on the surface.

More generally, though, you're also making an underlying assumption that it is important that players not be able to distinguish cards from different expansions. Something that I don't particularly find that important in RFTG gameplay.
No, I don't expect RGG to supply sleeves and I'm not worried about how they package the game. I do however feel that I'm within my rights to want my set to last. I do know that I've helped sell several sets because I've taught the game to many. I want RGG to make LOTS of money from Race for the Galaxy, so they keep making expansions. It scratches the ccg itch for me without breaking the bank.

As for whether it is important for players to not be able to tell what expansion a card comes from, it may or may not matter, but from my long MtG experiences, any knowledge of that kind isn't what I want to share. But most importantly, it would drive my OCD batty, so that's the final say.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great video! I just wanted to compliment your English, its a lot easier to understand than a number of my college professors. I really appreciate a peek into the game (it hasn't started shipping in USA yet). I also liked your use of jokes throughout. Thanks again for posting a English version!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.