Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Janne Henriksson
Mongolia
Ulaanbaatar
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just wondering if I can use the Mine to trash a silver and to gain a Harem? Or to trash a Gold and gain a Harem?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Chen
Taiwan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Good question.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Werner Bär
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Why not just read the rules?

Quote:
Some cards in this expansion are both Victory cards and another type as well (Great Hall, Harem, Nobles). These cards are both types for all purposes. Great Hall and Nobles can be played like normal Actions; Harem can be spent like a normal Treasure. At the end of the game, all three contribute to your score. When a card refers to a type of card, it means any card having that type; so, for example, Adventurer will find Harems as well as other Treasure cards; Mine can be used to trade in Silver for a Harem
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Hunt
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a treasure card. I believe the way the reason Mine was worded the way it was was in the expectation there would be future treasure cards.

I thinl they are actually intended to interact that way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Davis
United States
New Concord
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Remember back when we were all confused as to why the Mine was worded the way it was (gain a treasure card costing up to 3 more than the trashed card)? Now we know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Manning
Australia
Adelaide
South Australia
flag msg tools
designer
err... I like boardgames!?!
badge
D'oh! I bought overtext even though I have nothing interesting to say.
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, you can trash a gold to gain a harem. This is something you might do if you could see the game is going to end before you cycle through your deck another time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Leuchtenburg
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ludopoly wrote:
Also, you can trash a gold to gain a harem. This is something you might do if you could see the game is going to end before you cycle through your deck another time.

I think I'd be a lot more likely to trash the gold to gain a province. It only makes sense to gain the harem if you think you can thus get another turn that you otherwise wouldn't have gotten.

edit: Except I'm dumb and thinking of remodel, not mine. Whoops.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dale yu
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
admin
designer
If you're not part of the soultion...
badge
You're part of the precipitate!
mbmbmbmbmb
coolpapa wrote:
Remember back when we were all confused as to why the Mine was worded the way it was (gain a treasure card costing up to 3 more than the trashed card)? Now we know.

To the OP - yes, you may use Mine to gain the other Treasure cards

And, any time that you think that a card may have been worded strangely, we often have to make sure that a card wording will allow interactions in the future (with cards that will come in later sets).

Enjoy the new cards!
Dale
They Might Be Developers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
McDog
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yudp wrote:
coolpapa wrote:

To the OP - yes, you may use Mine to gain the other Treasure cards

And, any time that you think that a card may have been worded strangely, we often have to make sure that a card wording will allow interactions in the future (with cards that will come in later sets).

Enjoy the new cards!
Dale
They Might Be Developers

I would if the damn thing would hurry up and get in stock in the USA.....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Hron
United States
Huntingdon
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I love Games
badge
I like playing games
mbmbmbmbmb
coolpapa wrote:
Now we know.

And knowing is half the battle.....

{sorry, I could not resist}

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.