4 Posts

Valor & Victory» Forums » Rules

Subject: Opp fire & Odds Table rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gary Cooper
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
1) Does opportunity fire allow you to fire into each hex the enemy moves into prior to concluding his movement, or just the initial hex?

2) I only own one other war board-game which does not contain an odds table/Combat odds ratio and although I understand 2-1/3-1/4-1 etc, I don't fully understand 1-1/1-2/1-3/1-4, my maths never was great, but can someone please enlighten me on this?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Skupin
Germany
Hamm
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

@1) yep, each hex the enemy moves in can be targeted by opportunity fire if it is within line of sight of one of your units that hasn't already fired.

@2) it's a simple case of division: divide the larger number of APFP by the smaller one, ignore fractures and there you have your odds ratio ranging from 1-4 with the higher APFP on the defending side to 4-1 with the higher APFP on the attacking side.

Welcome to the party.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Swan
Australia
Randwick
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Barfal wrote:
ignore fractures

I think you mean "fractions", but "fractures" is pretty appropriate too in this context!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Skupin
Germany
Hamm
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
game_boy wrote:
Barfal wrote:
ignore fractures

I think you mean "fractions", but "fractures" is pretty appropriate too in this context!

That's what she said...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.