col_w
United Kingdom
Poole
Dorset
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesomeness started on Wednesday. As a birthday pressie, my brother took me to see the 30th anniversary tour of The War Of The Worlds. And very spectacular it was too, incorporating an orchestra, film effects, light effects, a mechanical tripod and live actors. Justin Hayward reprised his role from the original version as did a few others. Richard Burton narrated as a lip-synched giant head to his original recording.
zombie
Thoroughly entertaining and I can fully recommend it.

Thursday dawns - my birthday! Nearly a third of a century old! To celebrate, I took the day off work, and went for a walk that took in cliffs, a lighthouse, scenic countryside and a small fishing village. Sadly my wife could not join me since she is a teacher and cannot take days off. In the evening, we had delicious antipasto: Parma ham, Pancetta, 3 kinds of salami, olives, salad with plenty of fresh parmesan, ciabatta and focaccia. We also make ice-cream in a football.

Then the most awesome bit of the day: as a birthday present, my wife bought me a tiger! Ok, technically she gave me a tiger adoption, but it sounds better the first way. With it comes a year long pass to visit it in it's home at Marwell. I think I get to go in to it's enclosure and tickle it on the tummy as well. Also, several other pressies, including a narwhals t-shirt.

Friday: A day all to myself! No work, and no one else around! I can slob around and not be told off for it!

Saturday: Gaming with friends - several games of Dominion/Dominion: Intrigue. Dagnammit, I hate that saboteur!
And yes, I'm very sorry for mentioning games in here. Honestly.

Sunday: Friends visit, so I get to see my 2-and-a-half year old godson. We play some footie (he wins, many-nil), then do half an hour of races (forwards, backwards, hopping and jumping). This exhausts me, but it's ok because we are revived by this excellent birthday cake my wife made:

And finally, why tomorrow will suck: all the fun is over, back to work and 2 days of accumulated nonsense to work through, which means at least 50% of my day will be non-productive.
soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Hunt
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Are those spider legs made from Matchmakers?

Yum!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
col_w
United Kingdom
Poole
Dorset
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
too_close wrote:
Happy Birth-week! Glad to see you are not limiting the awesomeness to just one day! cool

Awesomeness is always more awesome when there's more of it!

Timotheous wrote:
Are those spider legs made from Matchmakers?

Yum!

They certainly are, and there were quite a few left over, so that's tea sorted
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.