Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Curtis Royal
United States
Fernandina Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am waiting for my shipment to arrive with 2nd ed. Runebound and some supplements (expansions) with the intent to play the game solo.... my gaming friends are mostly wargamers and not interested in Runebound - that's okay, I like solo play sometimes.

What I didn't notice before ordering is that only the Runebound games states for 1-6 players, the expansions are 2-6.
Can the expansions be used in solo play?

My expansions are not the character deck cards but the adventure variant, challenge card, and item and ally expansions.

Next question, assuming I can play these solo, does the cards get shuffled in with the original deck from the game or played separately?

thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Browne
United States
Terre Haute
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For the most part, the expansions can be used solo. Some items, encounters, etc. are trying to make interaction between players, but either take them out, or I suggest you download Mr. Skeletor's solo rules, which include rules for use of all those items and encounters in a solo game. I highly recommend it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Browne
United States
Terre Haute
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The one thing I really don't see working solotaire are the character class decks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Moore
United States
Oxford
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Gotcha!
mbmbmbmbmb
It is quite possible to play solo by pitting two (or more) characters against each other. It's often fun to see which of the two will come out on top. You can also use this to experiment with different strategies. For example, one character can take more risks and take on higher difficulty challenges sooner, while the other takes a more conservative approach. I personally don't like to play solo with just one character.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pelein de Cratia
Spain
Guayota City
Nivaria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Try this guide first:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/122763
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curtis Royal
United States
Fernandina Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't read too many good things about the character class expansions so I didn't order any of them anyway.. thanks for responding about the other supplements and their solo play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Adams
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb

The guide is fantastic

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.