Eric Newland
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Ninja Vanish!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello all.

Last night we learned the game and played. Two questions. The order of play. OK, here is what we did and you all tell me if it was right.

I started first and had the first player marker. I placed 1 farmer on wood and took it. Then I passed the turn to the next player? Was that right to do or do I place both farmers one after each other and then pass the turn? That is question 1.

Second, if someone places his farmer on the first player marker, does it get passed to him right then and there or does that wait till the next round? So, lets say I had the first player marker. I bid on something and pass the turn. Now, that guy gets the first player maker. Do I give him that now or at the beginning of the next turn? We played if you get it, you get it now and it seemed wrong cause he would get it, then then he would go before me on the second farmer placement.

Please let me know. Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ernie Lai
United States
Forest Hills
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
you don't pass the turn marker unless someone chooses the start player action space. so if no one chooses it, you will continue to be start player the next round.

also, you don't resolve any action spaces until all farmers are placed.
sorry i had a brain fart, i'm not sure what i was thinking, answers below are correct

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Newland
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Ninja Vanish!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I understand that you don't pass it until someone chooses it. The question I have is if he takes the first player action, does it get it right then or not till the next round. If he takes it then, it seems weird because he takes it and then he gets to go first before I do for my second farmer.

My second question was do I place all my farmers and then pass the turn or place one and then the next player places one and so on back to me where I place my second farmer.

One more thing, you are saying you do not resolve the action until everyone has placed. I thought the rules say you do that action as soon as you place the farmer. Let me know. Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1603-1714
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
Now I can add text to my avatar? Sweet! How do I do it?
mbmbmbmbmb
Ernie was wrong in his answer. The actions are resolved as soon as you place one of your farmers.

To answer your original questions, a player's turn consists of placing a single farmer and then the next player places a farmer and so on around the board with each person placing a single farmer until all have been placed. Later in the game, the number of family members the players have will vary so a player may get to go twice in a row (or more).

As for moving the start player marker, it does not take effect until the next round. So if a player places one of his family members on the start player space, he will be first in the next round, which happens after all farmers have been placed and then taken of the board and a new card is flipped over..

When I first started playing the game, I searched the rules questions on BGG and eventually compiled them into a single thread, which you can read here. It may be of some help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Sandquist
United States
Little Canada
Minnesota
flag msg tools
1. You were correct the way you did it. The player with the marker goes first by placing one of his family members. Then the player to his/her left places his/her first family member, etc., and you go one by one until everyone is out of family members. The first player does not play *all* of his family members before the next player goes, just one.

2. When someone takes the "first player" spot, it doesn't take effect till the next round.

Hope this helps,
Sean
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Giron
United States
Fort Collins
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
eroc1024 wrote:
I understand that you don't pass it until someone chooses it. The question I have is if he takes the first player action, does it get it right then or not till the next round. If he takes it then, it seems weird because he takes it and then he gets to go first before I do for my second farmer.

My second question was do I place all my farmers and then pass the turn or place one and then the next player places one and so on back to me where I place my second farmer.

One more thing, you are saying you do not resolve the action until everyone has placed. I thought the rules say you do that action as soon as you place the farmer. Let me know. Thanks.

You DO resolve the action as soon as you place a farmer on it. Ignore that previous answer as it is incorrect.

As far as the the start player marker goes, you take the start marker immediately, but that player would not be starting player until NEXT round. The current turn order in the round you are playing is not affected.

Each player can only take a single action then play passes around the table until everyone is out of farmers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Newland
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Ninja Vanish!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice!! Thanks for the quick responce guys. That was are only question last night. I know when I ask a question here people are on it. This is a great community here. Thanks again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.