Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Computer Based Board Gaming » BrettspielWelt (BSW)

Subject: Sorry, no unreg rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sean Todd
United States
Bloomington
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I entered a Dominion room today and offered my customary greeting: "hi, ok to join?" The reply was "sorry, no unreg". What does that mean? I'm registered, but when I look at my UserInfoTool there's no information about ranking, etc. I've been playing games on BSW for six months or so now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
How tall is justice?
Canada
Georgetown
Ontario
flag msg tools
Who IS this masked man? And WHY has he never been photographed together with 6 year old millionaire playboy Calvin?
badge
I see a world that's tired and scared of living on the edge too long.
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you use the .prop file to automatically log you in when you run the BSW client? If so, make sure your username/password are exactly what you have registered with BSW. IIRC, if they aren't, the client will run, you just won't be properly logged in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gwen
Belgium
oost-vlaanderen
flag msg tools
badge
mb
You are registered on BSW with the username "Greyareabeyond". Just make sure to type it with a capital "G", because the system is case sensitive.

Typing your username wrong will still let you play, but as a guest (unreg).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Albritton
United States
Tupelo
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I suspect you are signing in wrong as your registered name, "Greyareabeyond", shows you have played absolutely no games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Todd
United States
Bloomington
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm. I've got my username and password in the .prop file surrounded in square brackets like so (except with my real password):

# ---...---...---...---...---...---...---...---...---...---...---...---...---...---
# Automatic login for BSW

Name = [Greyareabeyond]
Password = [********]
# Put your own name and password here and remove the # before both lines
# to let the client log in automatically.

The same user name and password work to log-in at the website (http://www.brettspielwelt.de).

When I type in /info Greyareabeyond I get this:

Name: Greyareabeyond (263795)
Info: Blocked/Blocked
City: CC ARMfeld
Guild: Not a guild member
No Games 0x No Games 0%
No Description

I tried typing a description into the profile page on the website and saving it. I then closed and reopened BSW and the description still doesn't show up. There may be a delay, maybe another database needs to be updated and that script doesn't run constantly, but still I don't like that the Info page says Status: Offline.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Todd
United States
Bloomington
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh man, I think it was the square brackets. I took them out of the prop file and now when I type /info Greyareabeyond it shows my status as Online @43 as Greyareabeyond. Now I have to figure out why my city and description aren't updating.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Todd
United States
Bloomington
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, now it shows Dominion 1x. That's about 20 games of Dominion, 1 of Caylus, and 30+ games of Stone Age short, but it's a start.

Besides, I think it was only my second win in Dominion so I can briefly look at a win percentage of 100% before it enters a steep decline to a more realistic 5% or so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.