Subject: can't change rating of games in collection rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
mbmbmbmbmb
I just tried to rate or re-rate a couple of games and cannot get the option anymore.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Ferrier
United States
Hurst
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Go to your profile (by clicking on your own user name), then in the "Game Info for _____" section look where it says how many games you have played e.g. "88 Game(s) Rated (Average Rating = 5.28)". Click that to go to your list of rated games where you can the colored square in the "Your Rating" column to change your rating.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Karp
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
admin
Developin' Developin" Developin!!
badge
100 geekgold for OverText, and all I got was this stupid sentence.
mbmbmb
whac3 wrote:
I just tried to rate or re-rate a couple of games and cannot get the option anymore.

What do you mean you can't get the option? What screen are you on, and what are you trying to click? Where are you looking for the option? Anyone else having this problem?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paolo Robino
Italy
Dueville
Vicenza
flag msg tools
"I'm a Nay Saying worm beast!"
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It works for me, both when I rate a game in [My Geek]>[Collection] and when I rate it from the game page.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Alden
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Aldie's Full of Love!
mb
Would love a detailed explanation here, I can't reproduce, but I've gotten several reports.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren M
Canada
Fort Vermilion
AB
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I've got no problem re-rating... works for me... but I've always thought it's a little too obtuse for new users on the site to find the area where you initially rate games. It seems basically buried until you root around and eventually find it. We quite often get comments and questions about how to rate games in the forums.

What's the reasoning behind not having the ability to click the stars at the top of a game page and have the "add to collection" and "rating box" with the rating guidelines pop up when you click at that point. Seems much more clear and intuitive even for us veterans.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Alden
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Aldie's Full of Love!
mb
nexttothemoon wrote:
I've got no problem re-rating... works for me... but I've always thought it's a little too obtuse for new users on the site to find the area where you initially rate games. It seems basically buried until you root around and eventually find it. We quite often get comments and questions about how to rate games in the forums.

What's the reasoning behind not having the ability to click the stars at the top of a game page and have the "add to collection" and "rating box" with the rating guidelines pop up when you click at that point. Seems much more clear and intuitive even for us veterans.

Good point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aldie wrote:
Would love a detailed explanation here, I can't reproduce, but I've gotten several reports.

Aldie;

Usually I rate games and re-rate them the same way, either in the collection display by clicking on the rating [or N/A if I've not yet rated it] or on the info saved on the game page. When I was in the collection view, I clicked on my rating of a game and instead of the usual window popping up, the area went blank BUT I couldn't type a new rating in it. I therefore tried the game page and the saved info would not pull up at all. I was using my home computer which has IE, Vista and dial-up. [I just moved from a place where only dial-up was available and haven't had a chance to correct this.]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Karp
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmb
whac3 wrote:
Aldie wrote:

Aldie;

Usually I rate games and re-rate them the same way, either in the collection display by clicking on the rating [or N/A if I've not yet rated it] or on the info saved on the game page. When I was in the collection view, I clicked on my rating of a game and instead of the usual window popping up, the area went blank BUT I couldn't type a new rating in it. I therefore tried the game page and the saved info would not pull up at all. I was using my home computer which has IE, Vista and dial-up. [I just moved from a place where only dial-up was available and haven't had a chance to correct this.]

Is this problem still going on?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dakarp wrote:
whac3 wrote:
Aldie wrote:

Aldie;

Is this problem still going on?

Yes. I just tried it again now, randomly picking the first game in my collection just to see.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Karp
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmb
whac3 wrote:
Yes. I just tried it again now, randomly picking the first game in my collection just to see.

I think I found the problem--
Are you coming in through http://boardgamegeek.com? try it with http://www.boardgamegeek.com. There appears to be a bug if the www is missing. I'll see if I can do anything about the bug, as well.

OK, that was a red herring.

I can't reproduce the bug. Has anything changed for you in your setup? your browser? Are you using anything like Norton Internet Security?

This may be a stupid question, but are you sure you are logged in? (Switching to http://boardgamegeek.com changes my username, so that is why I thought I had reproduced the bug for a moment.)

Exactly what link are you looking at (the entire url) where it won't let you change your ratings, and what happens when you do click N/A? A screenshot would be great, if you can provide one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dakarp wrote:
whac3 wrote:

I think I found the problem--
Are you coming in through http://boardgamegeek.com? try it with http://www.boardgamegeek.com. There appears to be a bug if the www is missing. I'll see if I can do anything about the bug, as well.

OK, that was a red herring.

I can't reproduce the bug. Has anything changed for you in your setup? your browser? Are you using anything like Norton Internet Security?

This may be a stupid question, but are you sure you are logged in? (Switching to http://boardgamegeek.com changes my username, so that is why I thought I had reproduced the bug for a moment.)

Exactly what link are you looking at (the entire url) where it won't let you change your ratings, and what happens when you do click N/A? A screenshot would be great, if you can provide one.

That works.

EDIT;

Before you did your edit, I tried the second link. It worked, and yes I'm very definitely logged in.I once had a similar problem but tried again and it workedfine then. This it simply didn't seem to fix itself until now. I'm not sure how the problem could be intermittent, but it seems to be.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Karp
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmb
whac3 wrote:

That works.

EDIT;

Before you did your edit, I tried the second link. It worked, and yes I'm very definitely logged in.I once had a similar problem but tried again and it workedfine then. This it simply didn't seem to fix itself until now. I'm not sure how the problem could be intermittent, but it seems to be.

Well, that definitely should not have worked, but I'm glad it is working for you now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.