Talisman (Revised 4th Edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: Followers and object ditching + other questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mihael R
Croatia
Zagreb
flag msg tools
You, just sit in the car and keep the engine running. Any questions?
badge
Remember, I'm the monkey and you're the cheese grater, so no messin' around
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi everyone,

The rules say that I can ditch followers and objects any time. Does that mean that when I'm on a Draw Card space I can ditch them before and/or after the draw?

Some other silly questions:
1.) warlock's cave: if i'm already on a quest, can i replace it with another?
2.) spells: if i have craft 2 (can learn 0 spells), and gain a spell, do I draw one and immediatelly discard it, or i don't draw it at all?
3.) trophies: i simply add strengths together listed on the cards of various enemies? when can i turn them for counters? what if i choose not to take a card as a trophy-does it go to the discard pile then?
4.) if i'm teleported to another space, i continue my turn there and draw or encounter the space as the previous one? it's like having two turns?
5.) village, city spaces etc: are they free parking, or do i need to select one provider and do it, even if i'm at full health (the healer), or have no money (the merchant)?
6.) miss and lose a turn: is there a difference? if i miss a turn at the end, i actually miss the current turn and lose the next one, but if i miss a turn where i still had the possibility to encounter other cards, then i simply skip encountering the cards that are left, but i don't miss my next turn?

Thanks,
Regards!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roy Stephens
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
meehael wrote:
Hi everyone,

The rules say that I can ditch followers and objects any time. Does that mean that when I'm on a Draw Card space I can ditch them before and/or after the draw?

Some other silly questions:
1.) warlock's cave: if i'm already on a quest, can i replace it with another?
2.) spells: if i have craft 2 (can learn 0 spells), and gain a spell, do I draw one and immediatelly discard it, or i don't draw it at all?
3.) trophies: i simply add strengths together listed on the cards of various enemies? when can i turn them for counters? what if i choose not to take a card as a trophy-does it go to the discard pile then?
4.) if i'm teleported to another space, i continue my turn there and draw or encounter the space as the previous one? it's like having two turns?
5.) village, city spaces etc: are they free parking, or do i need to select one provider and do it, even if i'm at full health (the healer), or have no money (the merchant)?
6.) miss and lose a turn: is there a difference? if i miss a turn at the end, i actually miss the current turn and lose the next one, but if i miss a turn where i still had the possibility to encounter other cards, then i simply skip encountering the cards that are left, but i don't miss my next turn?

Thanks,
Regards!

You can ditch cards any time you want on your turn.

(1) Yes.
(2) Don't draw at all.
(3) Yes. Generally as soon as you hit 7 points, but, you can hold on to them in order to not overspend, as you cannot "make change". I would assume you could decline to take a trophy, but why would you?
(4) Yes. Yes.
(5) Choices, not mandatory.
(6) Missing and losing a turn are the same thing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
meehael wrote:

Only one I have to object to regarding the first replier. These are must or mandatory. If land in the City, you're at full health and have 0 Objects (or just don't wish to Alchemy anything), you're required to visit the Enchantress. Needless to say, City isn't visited often if Enchantress is the one you're stuck with. Same applies for Village. IIRC, Temple is "may", but it's generally more beneficial, so people rarely pass the opportunity.

Also, trophies may be exchanged at the end of your turn, not at any time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roy Stephens
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The trophies part, yes, end of the turn. I agree and should have been specific. The city/village, i mean, i guess it is more of a house rule thing, but, we always play it as optional as (if you think about it in metagaming terms) you wouldn't be forced to go into any one particular place in the city or village, you can just wander the streets. But, that is just the way we have always played it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sverre
Norway
Oslo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Some extra comments to add to previous answers.

meehael wrote:

Yes, but note that many teleport effects are instead of moving the next turn. (E.g. rolling 5 in Tavern.)

meehael wrote:

If you miss a turn when your turn was already over (no more cards to encounter), you miss your next turn. If there are more cards to encouter when you miss your turn, you miss the rest of the current turn instead.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.