Subject: How the Heck do I post a gaming session? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
GM Davis
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
I have searched this site for about an hour and I have yet to find a way to post a session. I must be dumber than I thought

Anyway, any information would be greatly apprecatied (sp)

GMDavis

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diane Close
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
First find the game for which you want to write up a session report. Say it's Doom: The Boardgame, for example. You'd go to that game's main page.

Then scroll down the page until you come to the section titled Forums. You'll see a small menu beneath that which reads, "[Browse »] [Post »] [Search »]". This is followed by another small menu that reads, "All | Reviews | Sessions | General | Rules | Strategy | Variants | News".

At this point, click "Post". That will bring up a new page where you'll select the forum in which you want your post to appear (in this case, "Sessions"), plus a box where you can type (or cut and paste, if you've composed it earlier) your session report. Give it a subject name, then click "submit" (or "preview" if you want to see what it looks like before you submit it).

Note that session reports (and reviews) are automatically entered in the GeekMod system where they are accepted and rewarded geekgold, or rejected with reasons given. You don't need to select the "this is a good post" box before submitting your report -- that box is for strategy and other articles that don't get automatically considered for geekgold. All reviews and all session reports are automatically considered for geekgold under the current system.

Hope this helps!

Also, this Wiki page on Sessions has a brief explanation of the process as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GM Davis
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thank you very much.

GMDavis

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.