Popular Tags: [View All]
the scrub
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think, provided the target is in range, that both "pieces" add a +1 to the firegroup. That is, the leader and the support weapon he has provide a +1 each for a +2 total to the firegroup's FP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Bishop
United Kingdom
Lytham St. Annes
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll let Richard answer this one, its too complicated.

(Just posting this too see if i can beat him to the punch)

Bugger scrub is quicker :o(
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Most leaders only have range 1, so, yes, they can add +1 to the FP but only when firing at an adjacent unit.

In CC:E and CC:M, the only leaders with range greater than 1 are heroes. (Note, a leader could also get range 2 with a Veteran marker.) There are some leaders in the Stalingrad battlepack that have longer ranges.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chick Lewis
United States
Claremont
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You have it right, but my concept of the leader counter is that of a commander and a small staff of maybe a radio operator and a couple of runners in addition to the leader himself. So the +1, in my mind, is from the fire of the personal weapons of those guys.

Since four silhouettes on a squad counter can represent up to 15 actual bodies, I don't have any problem with one silhouette on a leader counter representing four soldiers.

Chick
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yiannis Avramandis
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also the Variant Rule V12 from #21 C3i magazine says exactly the same thing Chick Lewisthat proposes above.

This variant rule prohibits Leaders from carrying Weapons with negative modifier in movement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yiannis Avramandis
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
All the optionjal rules are cool. They introduce a bit more complexity (more things to remember) but create even more realistic situations cool.

You have tr try them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yiannis Avramandis
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LEHaskell wrote:
Be mindful young Skywalker -- that path leads to the ASL.

thumbsup

I never found another skywalker to play ASL .

After many plays with the standard rules of CC:E it's not so hard to add 3-4 paragraphs of rules.

Also most of them are used in Combat Commander: Battle Pack #2 – Stalingrad.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.