5 Posts

Agricola» Forums » General

Subject: 200 games of Agricola and still going strong! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian J. Hotovec
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Our Agricola game group just celebrated its 200th play! Our group decided to make it extra fun and dress up like the clay families that we normally use: the blue bread makers, red ranchers, purple woodcutters, green stone cutters, and tan fishermen. Below are the original ancestors that survived the plague to prosper in 17th century Europe:

Here are their descendants:

You can still see the family resemblences, but luckily the modern descendants look a little more realistic! Our plays have been about half 2-person games and the other half has been about an equal split of 3, 4, & 5-person games. I hope all of the other Agricola players are also out there enjoying the game and having lots of fun!

Gorthrax

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Burkman
United States
Kettering
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Peekaboo!
mbmbmbmbmb
Best smile of the day! Thanks for a great post!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Bateson
United Kingdom
Ross-on-Wye
flag msg tools
badge
Oi! Hands off...
mbmbmbmbmb
GorthraxtheBeast wrote:

You can still see the family resemblences, but luckily the modern descendants look a little more realistic!

That's an optimistic opinion, to say the least.

Only kidding! Great effort: looks like a lot of fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan B.
Germany
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I laughed, thanks a lot :)

One question, as I'm just on my way to approx. 40 plays of Agricola:

Are you playing with a drafting system? With single decks or with all cards mixed together?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian J. Hotovec
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We haven't ever used a draft system for cards. Since I have played all of the games in our group, I feel like it could be a little unfair because I know the cards much better than others. However, we do deal out 7 of each Occ/Minor and then give the option to turn in 2 from each Occupation and Minor Improvement dealt for 2 new cards of each. We end up with 7 of each in our hands like normal.

We have always mixed decks which can add to someone potentially getting good cards, but, hey, them's the breaks!

Glad you like the post, I just wanted to share some of our Agricola fun. I figured it up today and we've had our game for 8 months--that's an average of 25 plays a month! I'm still surprised!

Gorthrax
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.