Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dexblair .
Malaysia
Desa Petaling
W.P.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, great fastpaced game. my highest score hit half the deck and my lowest was ended at card no. 7. poor guy.

#1, when ask "discard an item", does "item" include "weapon"?

#2, "damage with magic", is this refer only when hero used items with "item: magic" keyword.

#3, does health affect the damage deal to monster? like i have a weapon with +3, n my health 3/5, do i deal 6 or 8 damage to monster/

#4, played 12 rounds, yet no winning. any variants? like separate the monster deck into 3 level? moving from one level to another level my hero would gain +1 to health or attack?

thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Chamberlain
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dexblair wrote:

#1, when ask "discard an item", does "item" include "weapon"?

Yes, an item is any card that takes up an usage slot (or epic item...)

dexblair wrote:

#2, "damage with magic", is this refer only when hero used items with "item: magic" keyword.

Yes. When I play, I always wonder whether the Javelin of Lightning should be considered magic when it is discarded to kill a monster, but do whatever you think makes sense in these cases.

dexblair wrote:

#3, does health affect the damage deal to monster? like i have a weapon with +3, n my health 3/5, do i deal 6 or 8 damage to monster/

It does change your damage, so you would be 6 in this case.

dexblair wrote:

#4, played 12 rounds, yet no winning. any variants? like separate the monster deck into 3 level? moving from one level to another level my hero would gain +1 to health or attack?

I agree that the game is quite unbalanced and would like to fix that by tweaking the numbers ASAP. I would like to have a win ratio of at least 1 out of 4 when you are new to the game.

I sacrificed most game elements that I came up with during development for simplicity. It may have been a bit far, but I think there are other games to be developed that could take the concepts that work well and put them into better games. I am at a bit of a loss on how I could change this one but keep some of the main goals that I am trying to achieve, but I think other smarter people could (or have) and in fact one person has already e-mailed me with some ideas.

Thanks for the questions/feedback.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dexblair .
Malaysia
Desa Petaling
W.P.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
will wait for your advance version or new variant rule.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scrumpy Jack
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone got any ideas on a variant? I've yet to win this game either - heh

By the way, regarding damange and attack values, I'm using the numbers on the left of each enemy card to determine how much damage i take (this is the illustrated deck that got pulled) instead of "place the monster card upside down next to your hero as damage" from the rules. Is that correct?

As the cleric, when I heal one damage after defeating a monster, if i only have one card showing -2 damage, i just pull one out of the discard pile that shows -1 and swap them over.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.