Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
'Bernard Wingrave'
United States
Wyoming
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, I've been enjoying the VASSAL module for Conflict of Heroes, but I have run across a couple of things I don't understand. I was wondering if anyone else may have an idea what's going on with the following:

1. When I (the German side) drag a card into my hand, the text display shows my opponent the name of the card. When he (the Russian side) drags a card into his hand, I don't see the name of the card.

2. When I mouse over one of the hexes, all the chits in that hex are displayed twice.

Thanks in advance.

b

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Parrott
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you know which version of the module you are using? The latest is 1.14 I uploaded a few weeks ago. In earlier versions the card text being shown was a problem but that's been fixed now (along with some other fixes and enhancements)

I've never seen the 2nd issue. Getting the latest version of the module may fix it, but it could be more of a system configuration problem I'm not aware of. What version of vassal do you use? The module was written using 3.13 of vassal, I haven't tested it on later versions, and earlier versions will probably exibit some issues.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
'Bernard Wingrave'
United States
Wyoming
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like I downloaded the module on 4/8. I don't know how to tell what version of the module it is, though. Any ideas?

Also, If I download a new version of the module, is it possible to load a saved game from the version I have, or would I need to start the firefight over?

b

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Parrott
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you go to the help menu on the top toolbar, there is an 'About Module' entry. That will bring up a window with info about the module and current version of vassal.

4/8 is definitely a much older version. I uploaded the latest version late May/early June. Saved games will probably work with the latest version, but any errors you saw before will still be there. Saved games hang onto the oldest version of the units, cards and other pieces so don't reflect any updates to them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hong
United States
San Diego
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know if this will help, but a new version (3.1.7) of Vassal came out last week.
vassal site

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
'Bernard Wingrave'
United States
Wyoming
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We changed over to the newest versions of VASSAL and the module last week, and the problems I described above seem to have disappeared.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.