Popular Tags: [View All]
MS-06 Zaku II
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

Old version Adventure set (http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/18212)
beside the rule books it also comes with 6 adventures, however the 4e Starter set only comes with 1 adventure.

Question#1: Adventure set has 6 adventures, does it mean 6 different stories? and each story has multiple areas?
Question#2: 4e Starter set, 1 adventure, how many areas the player will visit?

If I could get one, from value point of view which one I should pick (as a beginning player, I don't care too much which edition of the rule is better)?

Thanks for your advise.
Sam

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dexblair .
Malaysia
Desa Petaling
W.P.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got both
Q#1, don't remember the stories. worth buying with cool miniatures.

Q#2, 1 adventure with 3 encounters only. very short adventure. but if play with beginner, it does take hours. this package does not come with miniatures, it come with tokens and counters replacing the miniatures. It come with tiles for u to setup the adventure dungeons, not like previous edition which previous it come with boards. As compared, this package is cheaper with no miniatures. it does come with good basic rulebooks. 4e is fun, heroes not come with powers to fight monsters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MS-06 Zaku II
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for your quick reply. 4e Starter Set adventure has only 3 encounters? Does it worth to get it?

Sounds like that old Adventure game has more adventures/encounters...could you provide more info on how many encounters per adventure?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dexblair .
Malaysia
Desa Petaling
W.P.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i would say get both. hahaha

i bought previous edition for the miniatures, non-random. and i like to try the new 4e system before buying the core rulebook... to the end i just bought the playerhandbook4e only.

for 4e, only have one adventure with 3 encounters only. Up to DM to expand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MS-06 Zaku II
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dexblair wrote:
i bought previous edition for the miniatures, non-random.

O, the adventure set I questioned on, it does not come with any miniature but tokens similar to 4e Starter Set

and 1 map

I believe Dexblair you referred to the previous version of Basic Game set but not the Adventure set I am interested.

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dexblair .
Malaysia
Desa Petaling
W.P.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
oh mine. so sorry.
i don't have this. all i was refer to the basic set. blush

adventure set counters are in thick paper. where the 4e, all are boardpieces like any other boardgame counters.

No door counters in 4e. No map piece/board, it come in tiles from the "dungeon tiles" wizards product.

check this "http://reddex06.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!978AE40DF3EC9802!326.entry"

Then i recommend 4e.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MS-06 Zaku II
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, however, the link you provided it does not work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dexblair .
Malaysia
Desa Petaling
W.P.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
opp!
here
http://reddex06.spaces.live.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.