Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Molnar
United States
Ridgewood
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ea Ea's game Star predates *Star. It is cited as the link between his games The Game of Y and *Star. Yet it's not in the database. Given how long it's been around, I have to believe that it has been proposed, and for some reason denied. There are pictures of it under this game's entry:

So, does it make sense to just consider it as a variant, even though it's invention came before that of *Star? That's kinda weird, but they do have very similar scoring systems; *Star just takes the connective aspect a step further. (Incidentally, there are rules, including a brief comparison, at http://ea.ea.home.mindspring.com/*Star.html.) Any thoughts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Duncan
United States
Ithaca
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hard to say; it's on the borderline between "variant of *Star" and "different game than *Star." Personally I'd vote for "different game."

I don't know that we can take Star's absence from BGG as evidence that once upon a time it was submitted and rejected. After Poly-Y has been around longer than Star, but it is absent from BGG too!

I have had it mind to submit both Poly-Y and Star for a while. One day I will actually get around to doing it...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.