Milwaukie
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
ii desu. It is good.
badge
No, I have no idea.
mbmbmbmbmb
Zombie in my Pocket fits neatly into a 2 X 3 zip-lock bag, which makes it ideal for traveling. I recently flew to the island of Hawaii. I played ZimP while cruising at 35,000 feet instead of watching the in-flight movie. ZimP is easy to play on the fold-down tray of a plane. I played a total of three games, with varying results as follows.

Game one -
I went from the foyer straight into the bathroom. There was nothing in the room, but since there was no exit, three zombies made a door of their own. I fought them off, bringing my health down to 4. I went through the new doorway to find the storage room and four more zombies. In retrospect, I should have ran and hid. I wasn’t thinking this through, because as soon as I was done, I had three more zombies to deal with. I was dead real quick, just three rooms in.

Game two -
This time, I found the evil temple the first room I looked in. I found the totem without any problem. The next room was the dining room, where I found the femur, bringing my attack score to 2. I headed outside to the patio, where I encountered four zombies, bringing my health to 4. Still in good shape I felt. Then onto the sitting area, where four more zombies came at me, bringing me down to just two health. I should have rested I know, but I was stupidly optimistic. I went into the graveyard, where I slipped on some nasty goo, bringing me down to just 1 health point. It was now 10 pm. I reshuffled the deck to start the new hour. I only had to successfully resolve one card to bury the totem and win the game. I resolved a card alright. I sensed my impending doom. 1 health minus 1 health equals zero. I was dead again.

Game three -
Once again, the first room I found was the bathroom. Once again, three zombies made their own entryway. It cost me 2 health to defeat them, bringing me down to 4 right off the bat. Next room was the dining room, where I found a machete and a way out. With my attack strength now at three, I felt ready to take on almost anything! The very next room would be the evil temple, which was guarded by three zombies. I was able to dispose of them without any harm to myself. I found the totem and went back into the dining room. Here I found a soda. Don’t know why I didn’t see it the last time I was there. I must have been too excited when I found the machete. Anyway, I drank the soda and brought my health back up to 6. It was now 10 pm. I went out to the patio. I felt a spark of hope, which would have boosted my health if I wasn’t already at my maximum. I headed out into the yard, where I had my first real encounter - five zombies! With the machete, I was able to knock them out while only suffering the loss of 2 health points myself. I then found the graveyard. I found some oil when I went to bury the totem. Didn’t need it, as I had already won. I felt vindicated after my first two losses, mostly to my own stupidity. The world, as well as my plane, would be safe. At least until the next session.

zombie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.